Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Remote Start

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Cutty72 
#1 ·
Looking for a decent remote start anyone got any decent ones nothing fancy just a good ol remote start/alarm...

#2 ·
excalibur or a galaxy makes really good and easy to install alarm and remote start units. they don't require alot of add on modules to install and run. out of all the ones that i have done on customer trucks i have had very little problems from them. the main thing is don't waste your money on the two way pager remote because it only works as far as the regular remote works and it messes up more often than a standard remote.

#4 ·
. the main thing is don't waste your money on the two way pager remote because it only works as far as the regular remote works and it messes up more often than a standard remote.
i would love for mine to be two way
i never know if my truck starts if i hit the button from inside a building

#5 ·
u should be able to look at your parking lights. most alarms flash the parking lamps when thet start remotely

#8 ·
Python 5702, or Viper 5901 both made by DEI. and are great kits can be had on ebay for under $200, 2 way remotes etc..

#13 ·
i got a crimestopper unit from ebay..was pretty decent .
alarm sensor was a lil too sensative for a while .
eventually I want a viper...longer range

install was tiresome, but do-able.
the main harness extension i got was nice, that way you dont cut your main harness

#17 ·
I had the viper 5901 on my 7.3 and I loved it. I bought it at best buy and they come with free install. I like the two way pager so you could tell if it was locked or started without having to see it. And it worked from a mile away but in building the distance decreased. I like the feature of being able to use your phone to lock and start you truck.

#18 ·
I'm runni the AutoPage XT43LCD. I love it and it was only $250 installed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.