Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Should i get this headache rack?

5K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  id: 5520 
#1 ·
Wondering what your opinion is about having this headache rack on my truck. Keep in mind, the pics of my truck below are before the 2.5" leveler and f350 block if you think that matters :blah: Thanks!

Aluminum Headache Rack for Ford

See less See more
#6 ·
If you like all that "redneckery" go for it, I wouldn't though. Maybe buy it and resale it for more $$.

#11 ·
If you like all that "redneckery" go for it, I wouldn't though. Maybe buy it and resale it for more $$.
...says the guy with stacks.

Mine has saved my back glass countless times from the ATV, firewood, hay bales, kids, and worth every penny.

#7 ·
Headache racks aren't ******* if you work your truck. Saves the backglass, and you roof if you are loading something longer than the bed.

#13 ·
when I got my flatbed, I wasn't sure about the louvered headache part.... Now I wouldn't have it any other way. Keeps the sun off the kids, protects the cab from whatever comes its way... I wish I had a beer window opening like that one does.... but I wont have a truck without at least a headache rack.

#15 ·
I say go for it. It works with your truck's look and a $100 investment. Back glass, and rear cab dent repairs will cost you more than that and your truck will be more useful. I see you're toolbox will work with it. I'd throw some clear L.E.D. strips recessed into the upper bar for reverse/aux lights.

#16 ·
alrighty guys thanks for your input! Im talking to the guy about it and have already planned on some sort of lights.

#22 ·
I'd pick it up for sure. I would not have a pick-up that I used for work without a head board. Can't count how many times mine has saved my back window/cab from 4 wheelers and fire wood. Also makes a great place to put a couple backup lights or warning lights if you have the need.

#25 ·
They are nice, however with the full bed rails like that it takes away most of the clearance for towing a 5th wheel/goose neck trailer. If i wasn't hooked to a goose neck 85% of the time I would have full bed rail protection.

To the OP that stink's you missed out on a good deal.

#24 ·
I appreciate the responses guys! Unfortunately the person sold it :doh: :mad:

#26 ·
Geeze guys, I realized my hypocritical post about ********, ease up, haha. In my defense I put the stacks on about 6 years ago...."I was *******, before ******* was cool". Sometime after Christmas I will be takin off the stacks and puttin on a regular 5 inch exhaust, and I might get a headache rack:doh: j/k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.