Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

clock the tcase or lower the tcase?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  NEVRNF 
#1 ·
ok, i'm new to the world of superdutys. i've got a 99 cc long bed 4x4 with a 7.3l and a 6 speed. it has an 8'' lift (which i believe from reading is about the point where this becomes an issue), and at above 35 in 4 wheel drive, it shockingly get a bad vibration. i know its the front driveshaft, so my question is, should i put shims on the front axle, lower the tcase an inch or 2 (is this even possible, i haven't had a chance to look), or should i just buy a clocking ring, and clock the tcase down? if a clocking ring is the best/only option, what is the best one to buy?

thanks,
greg

#3 ·
once you hit 8'' or high i would recomend adding somthing like 2'' to it my trucks at 8 and a half and i dont have any crazy vibrations but also both drive shats have been rebuilt front streched a inch or two. but at like 120 130 in 4x4 with 38s its not gonna be smoth even in 2wd at 138 my trucks not super smooth its no sports car get one built or one of the plates that bolts to the t-case to give you those inchs.

#5 ·
once you hit 8'' or high i would recomend adding somthing like 2'' to it my trucks at 8 and a half and i dont have any crazy vibrations but also both drive shats have been rebuilt front streched a inch or two. but at like 120 130 in 4x4 with 38s its not gonna be smoth even in 2wd at 138 my trucks not super smooth its no sports car get one built or one of the plates that bolts to the t-case to give you those inchs.
?? you for real? 120mph? 138 mph?
Running a half mile track or what?

#9 ·
not yet in the 1/4 down the highway trying to push the truck to the limit im trying to make 160 in it . that might be what i have up front a joint like i just sent it off to my drive shaft guys and sad deal with this. i have seen some big trucks that arent clocked .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.