Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

nozzle holes ?

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  97turner 
#1 ·
what is the stock hole size on the nozzle assemly on these injectors

#7 ·
I would suggest that drilling them out carries a significant risk of ending up a very expensive error. Disassembling one and putting it back together alone carries some risk of failure. There are lots of wear parts inside the injector.

Pull them out and send them to a pro. You have priced a stock injector, even the cheap rebuilt ones haven't you ?

#17 ·
Well, technically, you can drill the holes larger. It is done all the time, but not too common on the 7 hole PSD nozzles.
Drills that small (well, end mills I guess) are not that unique or uncommon.
And it's extrememly difficult to align all of the holes at their respective angles and get everything right.
Definitely not something you can do with a drill press or hand drill. ;)
For what it costs to have them drilled out you're far better off to just buy a set of new nozzles made with larger holes.

#18 ·
Sounds like a wreck weighting to happen!
Quick take his tools away from him before he screws something up :):)

#22 ·
i think you should try it and let us know how it works. you dont even need to tear the injector apart. just blow it out real good afterwords. lol JK dont try it.

#23 ·
i dont run split shot i run single and yes i know split shot takes more hpo and i was just asking about it but theres to many ignorant pricks on here to answer straight forwad they all have to be dumb about it but its fine and to the ppl who answered straight forward thanks and to all the pricks piss off cause i know how to work on my truck and everything else im actually in the process of p pumping it so yall can come look at it later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.