Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Locking hubs

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Choupique108 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Good grease inside and you will have no issues.

#7 ·
Love my Warn hubs!!!

#16 ·
Ya, I thought I saw somewhere in a photo how they sat way inside that centre cap. Warn has been around a long time, and I do know they're quality hubs. So far, my factory hubs haven't been a problem, but I would replace them with Warns, if/when I need to. I think it was Warn that offered a socket like tool to engage/disengage the hubs as well. Anyone seen that? It made it easier to turn the locks.;)

#18 ·
my warn hubs are so easy to engage i dont know why you would need a tool

#20 ·
I bought my Warn Standard hubs from O'Reillys, and the receipt says LIFETIME WARRANTY on it. They also pricematched Advance Auto on them.

#21 ·
Not trying to hijack but yesterday I pulled one of the front tires off my truck to check the brakes and I saw 2 lines going to the brake caliper of course and the other was connected near the, well I don't know what it's called but I looked like a Vacuum line. Is that for the 4x4? I have the manual shift lever on the floor. I was told that the lever on the floor meant you didn't have ESOF:confused: this is on my 03 6.0

#22 ·
You'll have one line for the brake hydraulics, and the other is the ABS sensor. The sensor is on the unit bearing housing you hear referenced here.;) I'm with you, I don't think you've got ESOF. But that third? line, I've no clue. Ususally you only have one line on the caliper.

#25 ·
I believe you still have the auto locking hubs. Even with the floor shifter. Do your hubs have the AUTO and LOCK indents on them or does it say FREE and LOCK? If its auto then thats what the vacuum hose line is for.

#26 ·
With a manual T-case you dont "get" the ESOF... Which is a bonus... Who needs that crap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.