Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

whats the best programer and y

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Motown fire 
#1 ·
My wife wants to by my christmas gift and i just recently bought a 2005 f250 6.0 and want some thing that will help the mpgs for the work travle but smoke out the cummins when the time calls for it. anyway all info is appriciated.

#3 ·
take ur smoke elsewhere, if u wana smoke out a cummins do it with tire smoke, buy an sct from one of our vendors with custom tunes and never look back, its the ONLY option for a real tuner

#4 ·
:whs: its the BEST option and safest for our 6.0s as well. I went with IDP, best Customer service i have dealt with and fast turn around. SCT custom tunes are tailored to your specific truck, mods or w/e, but there others to choose from.

#5 ·
Tell her you want an egr delete...if she can afford more, get the SCT flash tuner...
SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!. Run the pre-loads for better mpgs. Don't be "that guy" smoking the roads
Everywhere you go..go to your local track for that, then smoke all the cummins u want!
If she can afford more, tell her you want a set of ARPs...
If she can afford more, call eric at innovative and load one of his custom tunes..:psn:

#6 ·
That's why I love my street tune... No smoke, extra hp, better responsiveness and better mpg. I don't have studs or egr delete. Great fr a DD

#8 ·
Well,...if I were you. I'd at least get rid of the egr cooler. Its nothing but a root to expensive part failures afterward.
(Oil cooler, hg's etc) and if not, maybe a good set of gauges or insight that will let you know when something
Could be starting to fail (coolant temp / oil temp)

#13 ·
I think he was just saying that he wanted to smoke a cummins when the light turned green.

Truck Source Diesel also does a lot of tuning for unstudded and deleted 6.0's.

#16 ·
The cold air intake is for the sucker. It provides no gains short of a lighter wallet. If you upgrade to a LARGER turbo and BIGGER sticks it might be come useful though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.