Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Has my spring, sprung? (Rear suspension)

895 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  hypersnyper694788 
#1 ·
Hey all, just noticed yesterday that my drivers side rear quarter (the bed) is noticeably lower than the right rear or even the front of the truck. I have airbags but pulled the valve stems out so they were not a factor and...no change. It's the truck in sig with the factory rear springs and a leveling kit in the front. Shocks are good. 177K on the rig.

If they are sprung (worn out, failed, cracked, whatever...) where to get replacements? No, I am not interested in lifting it any higher than it is now. I have a gooseneck trailer that I need to be able to haul around and I barely get under it as it is.

TIA.

#3 ·
Yah, I thought of that but it's only at half tank now, maybe 140 lbs at most. That shouldn't squat one side of a one-ton pickup IMO.

#5 ·
Every SuperDuty eventually sags on the driver's side because of the fuel tank and driver weight. You could swap the springs side-to-side or watch for a good used set on craigslist. Check it over closely for a broken leaf first.

#6 ·
You could swap the springs side-to-side...
There's one I hadn't thought of. Interesting.

I was thinking about switching out my whole set-up with yours but I see you took them off the market. I was liking the idea of the 4.30 gears for my trailer pulling. The money difference wouldn't allow it right now anyway. Thanks for the input.

#8 ·
give the driver side airbag a little bit of air to help out with the fuel and driver weight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.