Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

greaseable u joints

1K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  Cat_Rebel 
#1 ·
are there any of the sponsors that sell spicer greaseable ujoints (or if someone can suggest a better brand) for the driveline and both front axle shafts? i did a search here and checked out all my favorite sites and i even called napa but the tard that answered had no clue he said id have to pull one and bring em down! im tired of not being able to not grease my driveline!

#3 ·
Factory spicers(non greasable)are stronger and last a long time.

#5 ·
They are weak at the area where the hole for the fitting is drilled. Greasables are sealed better also.Some engineers are worried about greaseing them too(non compatable lubricants)

#7 ·
Sorry,yes non -greasables are sealed better.

#8 ·
so what kind of lifespan do you think is average for the nongreaseable ujoints? i know some would say till they go bad but a coworker had one go out and he did them all while he was in there and they all were extremely rusty inside! thats what made me want to go to greaseable u joints in the first place

#9 ·
No lift-easy 200k-plus.No written ruel, but pretty common.Lot factors will affect that.

#11 ·
To add-my buddies dodge has 480k on his with a lift and 35's(CUMMINS twist)

#12 ·
I am the same way-but in most cases oem(type) will be the most reliable.Change them at every 100k to feel better.Everything is a trade off.

#15 ·
I don't know about sponsors-but you can them anywhere.Dealer,napa,carquest,ect.

#17 ·
Thats normal- diff.series were used.All places will ask what series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.