Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Are These To Many Blocks????

5K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
I went with a friend of mine price wheels today and there was an F-250 there with an 8" BDS. A local dealer put the lift on. This is a picture of the blocks they were using for the rear. It looks to be like a factory 2"+3"=5"? There's no way I'd let someone lift my truck this way.

See less See more
#5 ·
get those off asap, 2 blocks is one thing, 3 is absurd!

not to mention the ubolts look like the loosened and spread, see how the outboard one is further away from the perch than the inboard one? they should both be as close to the perch as possible. that truck is waiting for disater

#6 ·
Yeah, you don't want to stack blocks like that. Geometry, nuclear fusion, and physics, and most important of all, common sense tell one that the $hit is going to fall apart and hurt somebody! There are better ways to achieve the same amount of lift, safely.

TARM and OBSWiz are two really bright guys in this department.

#9 ·
It's a 2"+3"+5". sorry.

I'm not sure who the truck is for. I asked one of the guys at the shop if they put the lift on. He said no, the ford dealership put it on so he wouldn't void his warranty. If that doesn't void it then idk what will. It was said that the dealership told him that was the only way they could lift it with that kit. That shows what they know.

#10 ·
And to think of how many trucks are on the road in your area & across the country just like that. If you see that truck driving on the road near you turn and put some distance between you and it.

#12 ·
believe it or not, some lift kits do call for stacking blocks. not three blocks like in the picture, personally i am not a fan of stacking blocks.

#18 ·
wow i cannot believe anyone would even begin to believe that is a good idea! not only is that a huge liability for the shop to take but even more for the owner! and every time you add a block you add another weak link in the "chain" of that suspension that is 8 more points where the suspension is trying to seperate when you hit bumps, pot holes, etc.. and when you make the u bolts longer like that it makes them weaker and allows them to bend/twist easier, i just cant get over the stupidity of people!

#30 ·
That is just stupid. There is no reason to do that. It's like they went over to the scrap pile and pulled out enough blocks to balance out the rear with the front. What kind of lift was on the4 front of this thing? Any pictures?

Why does anyone run more than one block or as Charles said take a few min and at the very least weld them together. I just do not see the point of stacking separate blocks in this day. They may work out on a mall crawler but with hard use you are gonna spit them out. Same goes for running tall blocks without traction bar of some type. There is designs out there to cover any type of possible use from rockcrawl'n and desert racing, street/strip, pullin/mudd'n.

Personally even single tall blocks or ones that are gonna see serious use could do well to use blocks that allow for capture by the U bolts. For over 4" upgrade to 3/4" u bolts. Gives another level of security and durability.

#31 ·
That is just stupid. There is no reason to do that. It's like they went over to the scrap pile and pulled out enough blocks to balance out the rear with the front. What kind of lift was on the4 front of this thing? Any pictures?

Why does anyone run more than one block or as Charles said take a few min and at the very least weld them together. I just do not see the point of stacking separate blocks in this day. They may work out on a mall crawler but with hard use you are gonna spit them out. Same goes for running tall blocks without traction bar of some type. There is designs out there to cover any type of possible use from rockcrawl'n and desert racing, street/strip, pullin/mudd'n.

Personally even single tall blocks or ones that are gonna see serious use
could do well to use blocks that allow for
capture by the U bolts. For over 4" upgrade to 3/4" u bolts. Gives another level of
security and durability.

I didn't get any pictures of the front. I have one of the entire truck. Ill post when i get it down loaded. Maybe you can see from it what kond of loft it is. I was told it was an 8" BDS lift. It was thr radius arm lift. I don't know if it's normal, but the front coil springs had a bow in each. Everything else looked to be done right.

For them to have 8" of additional lift in the rear wouldn't that mean there's 10" up front if the trucks level?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.