Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Ball Joints

4K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  wildstang3 
#1 ·
So I finally broke down and put new rubber on the truck and WANTED to get an alignment, but low and behold both lower ball joints are a tad bit loose.

So who has the best price? I was told that powerstrokeshop has a kit, but I cant get the site to come up.

I'm most likely going to do uppers while I've got every thing torn apart.

#4 ·
Powerstroke Shop seems to have the best prices, and it includes all of the seals that you'll need to do the job. Yes, do the uppers while you're in there, it makes no sense not to. Either way, you need to remove the lowers to get at the uppers. Or is it the other way around? I forget. Been a few years since we did mine. You'll need a special tool for the axle seals. My dealer has two sitting on a shelf that they either loan or rent out.

#8 ·
XRF zero lash ball joints.

#16 ·
This is exactly where I bought my xrf balljoints.
I knew about the xrf because the dodge cummins crowd was consitantly praising these over the moog balljoints. I never had bj problems with my 07 cummins but once I found out that my Superduty needed balljoints I decided to take a look and see if XRF made a set for my application. Sure enough there they were, and I had no reservations about purchasing these.

#12 ·
I just ordered a set of XRF balljoints for right @ $98 from the tire club. com $10.00 off using 10.00_OFF! as a coupon code. I got the axle seals @ dieseloring.com for arouind $120. Both have free shipping

#18 ·
All I know is I have seen many negatives from truck mechanics on moog and spicer and nothing but good about the XRF. The first I heard of them came from a guy that supposedly dealt with trucks used for logging in BC Canada. Said they are the only ones that lasted worth a darn from the beating of those logging roads. They have a real solid following now.

As for price understand they would be more if carried and purchased at a local store. Just look at the price dif on timken unit bearings at Advanced vs Rockauto. Its almost 100$ per unit. You guys also shoudl not forget to check Amazon for prices either as that is actually where I have found the lowest price on those bearings. about $15-$20 less than even Rockauto. You also do not have shipping many times and no tax.

#22 ·
Have to get mine replaced as well.
What all seals are needed to complete this? I'm going to do it myself hopefully this weekend, and all the parts guys are idiots and say I don't need any seals.
Think I'm going to go with Moog as I can get them locally and not have to wait.

#23 ·
You're gonna need to make a dealer trip for the axle seals...

#24 ·
I just posted everything you need to look for along with paint by number instructions with all kinds of Q-n-A . Since the thread just fell off the front page here the link back to it Ball Joints and Tie Rods - Powerstroke Nation

#25 ·
Sweet thanks.

Got all the seals and the Moog ball joints. $140 for the seals and a touch over $200 for the ball joints.
Now I just need to find the time to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.