Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lets see those lowered superdutys!

118K views 179 replies 55 participants last post by  Stellato1976 
#1 ·
I just picked up an 06 ext cab long bed and I was thinking about pulling the blocks out of the rear to level it. I would like to see some pictures of the lowered superdutys out there!:ford::ford:

#4 ·
DJM 3" hangers in the back. Left the springs alone. Just had to 86 the striker pads.

#8 ·
It's sitting in the back yard waiting on parts right now. Haven't driven it in a month or so....hope to have it running again by next weekend. Dual CP3 kit should be here tomorrow or Friday and the new injectors should ship early next week.

#9 ·
you never stop modding that thing man haha. i remember way back when you just had the 6.0 built up then seemed like the next day you were doing a cummins swap lol.
glad all is still well!
hopefully one day i'll be able to live back in that area!

#13 ·
Stock height up front, 2 1/2" drop in rear, via leaf removal and rear shackle. I have a set of 3" front drop beams and the 3" rear drop hanger kit sitting in the garage, just need to find some time to get it all installed.
I should remove a leaf from mine. It rides pretty rough. I did the 3" beams in the front and the hangers and shackles in the rear. The rear was a whole lot easier without a bed on the truck. The front wasnt that bad. Would have been easier with some one helping me though. :doh:

#21 ·
I have air bags custom mounted in the rear, I pull a 36 ft gooseneck enclosed trailer that's around 15k loaded. No problem. Probably rides better than so-called "capable" towing rigs.

#22 ·
If you really wanna make em ride better...put a 99-04 4wd front shock on the rear. IIRC they are 3" shorter than the stock rear shocks. I love the way mine rides now. Also on non-dually trucks...remove the lower shock mount from the axle, move it as far outward as you can, roll them down to act like a shock mount extended then tighten them back up. Moving the lower mount outwards let's the shock work better since it's much closer to what it's trying to dampen.

#23 ·
I have been tempted to bring mine down some and pick up a set of 22's. My biggest hold up is the front. I know there aren't any lowering springs offered for 4wd trucks, and I would like to do something other than cutting my factory springs. I want the best ride possible.

#29 ·
I talke with Deaver today. They told me to take my Vin # to the dealer and have them look up the part number for the coil spring that came on my truck. Then I sent that to Deaver. He told me he could make springs that ae 2" shorter for $325. When I asked him how it would affect the ride he said "It shouldn’t change at all. That is one of the reasons for us needing the OEM # so we match load ratings and starting height."

#30 ·
Ok, so my truck is currently sitting at stock height in the front, and no rear blocks....I think what I am going to do is put in a 1" block in the rear and call it done. It's a little too low in the rear for my taste and I don't want to go any lower in the front than it is right now. A 1" block in the rear should have it sitting perfectly level front to back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.