Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

lift blocks in the front?

19K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  89 Stroker 
#1 ·
ok now my trucks already lifted but my question is how come people dont just do(97 f250) drop brackets, drop pitman arm and blocks under the front leafs like the rear?...

#3 ·
hmmm never knew they were illegal....but then how come you can do blocks on the rear?

#5 ·
Did you read the link I posted?

This diagram illustrates the forces the vehicle encounters during braking. The front lift block sits in a high-pressure area and as a result could easily be ejected from between the spring and the axle resulting in complete loss of control over the front end. This only intensifies as tire sizes become larger due to greater leverage
Welding front blocks or building tall perches creates a high leverage point that creates more stress for the leaf spring. This diagram illustrates the forces the vehicle encounters during cornering (shown turning left). The lateral force is now intensified as much of the vehicle's leverage is placed high above the axle. Axlewrap during acceleration is also compounded.

The only thing worse than having one block in the front is having two! Not only has this truck raised the leverage point by creating a taller perch, but having a loose block resting between the spring and the perch is a recipe for disaster. Seventy percent of your vehicle's braking power comes from the front. Although the blocks here are only a few inches tall, they can easily distort the leaf springs and become deadly projectiles. Another note to mention is welding anything cast is terribly difficult and requires a skilled professional welder to lay a solid bead. So don't do it!

#6 ·
The only time I have seen lift block in the front that was ok was on my cousins full time gas puller

#7 ·
ok makes sense now! thanx for clearing that up!

#9 ·
NO FRONT BLOCKS!!!!!

#12 ·
The 97 250 axle and spring are already in a bind not being a straight axle. I guess you havent replaced any parts on one before? And the block isnt bolted to anything, its sandwiched. You can do it to your truck, just let me know were your driving so I stay off the road. Much better, easier, and safer ways to get the front end up if needed. Maybe you should re-read the articles.

#13 ·
a 1" block wont kill you...i have a 2" or something on the front of my 89 and has been for years with no problems , not the best way to go but its not gonna kill you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.