Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Military Tires?

7K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  oneton 
#1 ·
I got an idea in my head this morning about lifting my 79 Bronco, and I remember hearing that you can pick up military take off tires for pretty cheap. I've found some tires but not exactly what I want. My question is, do they make any to fit a 15x9 inch rim in a 40 inch (give or take) tire? I wanna get the Bronco up in the air, but most of the big tires I've found require a 20 inch rim. I wanna do this as cheap as possible since it's just a mud toy and will only occasionally be driven on the street. Does anyone have more info on any military tires?
Thanks

#2 ·
37/12.5/16.5 is about all you'll find. Its what was on the HUMVEE and H1's... Goodyears... I dont recommend them, their on my truck and they are horrible in the rain, and going to be worse in the snow... But for a mud truck, they may be ok

#3 ·
I would like to go bigger than 37s. I've been finding some Michilins (sp?) and I found like 40 inch tires but everything is for bigger rims

#6 ·
if you can find a set of michelin 11.00/16 they are 11x38-16,they are also 325-85-16 the newer tires are 325.all the other tires like 11.00,12.5,14.00,16.00,etc are gonna be for a 20" rim.in the 20's you can go from 40" up too 53"

#12 ·
It's about 4ish, I wouldn't mind driving to Dallas if I knew they were good tires for a good price

#14 ·
Carl Prewitt

Phone

Cell 903 503 0349

Office 903 684 3941

E-mail Carlprewitt@hotmail.com
Our address:

150 HWY 82

Avery Texas 75554

he has a store in avery.has alot of tires and can get more

rallequip-903-278-3343, hooks tx,this place also has quite a few

these are two i have talked to in the past,the first guy carl usually has tons of tires,hope this helps

#19 ·
Yea, we do alot of shipping at work, but I don't think that drive would be too bad to go pick them up. I won't be getting these for a few weeks, I've gotta figure out the rim deal. If I can find 4 cheap steel 20 inch rims to fit the Broncos lug pattern then that will speed up the process, but if I have to get some custom adapters made or buy some rockwells then that will definitely slow the process

#20 ·
100dollarman.com

#23 ·
not really,just depends on if you want a specific design or a solid rim,then what finish you want.you can have some made relatively fair priced

the dodge rims if they are factory wont be very wide 7 maybe 8 in at most.you can have some wheels made up to 20" wide with no problem,not sure if i would go wider than a 14" on that 5 lug pattern.

another wheel option is go to centerline wheels website and they have an overstock section,and you can find wheels reasonably priced.a friend bought 4 16x10's shipped for about 600.you just have to keep looking to see when they have some you like.you can get them up to 12" wide

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.