Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Why I love having a Diesel shop

6K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  Kind 
#1 ·
Because most Diesel hot rodders have cool ####! This guy stopped in this am for a PPE kit.

it may be in the back of a D-Max but if anyone wants to feel real HP
450HP / 600 pounds

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That could be fun:bowfast:

#6 ·
Its a propane system. Its a mid mounted turbo systemright behind the motor. The only downside is it is switched from fuel injection to a single carb. These things can run huge boost though because the octane rating of propane without the fear of detonation. Upwards of 25lbs of boost with stock internals is no problem out of a 1k cc motor. They are fun!!!

#7 ·
put it on a jet ski, then the rest of us can have fun, never ridden a snow mobile. We dont noramlly ever get snow

#8 ·
Propane it is. Those sleds are so much fun its hard to explain it. Just imagine going down a hill that's 45 degrees in 4 feet of powder and get in it and stand it on it's tail. All for 1.50 galling VS the 10 gallon for race gas. I personal have a m1200 turbo that's is about 400hp and 450 pounds wet. The think is scary but it is sure fun.

Is that a Story/Simons HP3 set up or someone else.

If work would slowdown a have a Nytro with my turbo kit on it that I want to do propane on it. Maybe next summer I will get around to it.

Mike

#12 ·
Might only be 350hp but its still tons of fun except when you spend all day digging out your buddies.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

This is what I spent all Saturday doing. Digging out little ski donts and pooplaris's
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

#13 ·
Ya he said Randy Swensons was number 6 and this one was #7

I am just finishing up my turbo on my Ski Doo XP with 174 but dont get near the street credit this thing gets. Well see what happens I dont like the weight of the Yamaha's or I would own one.

This is the first Propane sled I have seen in real life. Just made me horny. My Sled Engine guys says they crack heads often. This one runs up around 25PSI as well.

#14 ·
I have heard the head cracking also something about crazy amount of boost still is hard on things. The other thing I didnt like about it is you cant get real choppy with the thottle other wise the like to fluid out. You have to learn to let off slowly.

Should be an interesting year as they also have propane out for the 2-strokes we will see how that runs it course I think they are gonig to have bottom end longetivty with them.

I also dont like the weight of the 4-strokes but they sure make some nice power.

For day in and day out riding I like my m1200 turbo light as a 600 and powerful as a yamaha. This year I have it set up at 6 psi on pump gas at elevation which should give me about 280-300hp. I also have a pump gas 800 as a back up sled that works awesome. It so tame my wife can ride it and not even know its turboed:D.

By the way I love your reg cab short bed truck. I have been looking for a while to find a old 6.4 2wd work truck to do the same thing.\

Keep up the good work.

MIke

#25 ·
for those of you that have not ridden sleds, DO NOT TRY IT! unless you want another addiction :D

#28 ·
Have to love turbo yammi's. Did you guys hear that yamaha is offering a factory turbo or supercharger kit with a warranty now, its not a ton of power but its still boost with a warranty!

I have a pump gas turbo polaris assault and its only about 230hp and its out of control fast. You guys with the 300+hp setups are insane, I cant even imagine how you could use all the power!!

#34 ·
Rob, that 174" track of yours shouldn't be called a track more then it should be called a mobile bridge. I still don't see any reasonable reason for such a long track, mountains are only so tallLOL.

I'll stick to the the race sled. At least mine can handle a bump or two or thousandsLOL

#35 ·
Ran a supercharged apex for a couple years, once I got the tuning figured it was blast. Running a turbo cat now, now that fun! Can't wait to get to sicamous/revy.

#36 ·
Gotta love a boosted sled. The performance they can get out of the pump gas kits on the new Cat and Polaris chassis sleds is hard to beat. Awesome on/off throttle response with great motor reliability, without the extreme weight of the 4-stroke Yamaha.

Obviously the horsepower of the Apex is hard to beat, but that kind of power is only needed for long chute climbs. In my opinion, the pump gas turbo kits on the fuel injected 2-strokes are much more fun to ride, especially for the tree rider and boondocker. 200-225hp with a 155" track should be more than enough to get any rider somewhere he doesn't need to be.

If I were buing new it would be a Polaris Assault 155" with the Boondocker pump gas turbo on it. Complete riot... Any of you seen the new Snowest project sled? Looks like a clown threw up on it, but damn it's sweet on the snow...

#38 ·
I am with SAK and Dan, anyone got an extra sled. I love riding my Harley in the TN mountains on Blue Ridge Pkwy, but I cant do that in the winter. Maybe i need to find a winter hobby......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.