Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

measurments?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tree trimmer 
#1 ·
howdy there, i'm new to the site and really like it so far. ok i am thinking about building a front end replacement. I have never built anything llike it before because i am what you would call an ameture welder so ive been working on little stuff like reciever hitch racks, and things like that. My question is, what do you need to measure in order to start. and if you have any other tips on building one, that would be much appretiated. Thanks

#4 ·
first off how tall are you wanting to go. do you want a full long arm kit, a triangulated 4 link, or like the skyjacker long arm kit. the triangulated kit will get rid of the trac bar, but it takes a little more time to get it all squared up without the trac bar. are you going coils or coilovers.

#10 ·
There is some good work on here. But there are more specific forums for this sort of thing. Try the forum on pirate4x4.com. Lots of suspension fabrication there.

#11 ·
About pirate4x4 though... They can be a little hostile toward newbs if you ask a silly question. Kind of the opposite type of crowd that's on here. Just search around a lot more and check out the Dodge "specific tech" section. And don't be put off by the high-end stuff. There's a good bit of everyday usable info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.