Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

project suprhlr

45K views 194 replies 58 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
finally starting to make some progress on my project, engine together, trans done, twins mounted, need to do all the piping. long ways to go but making progress finally:D

See less See more
#4 ·
yep, just set it in saturday

#5 ·
chargers mounted, need to build a few pipes

#7 ·
Just a hint...get a oil filter relocation kit. With compounds on these things you can barely see the oil filter much less reach it to change it out.
Amsoil makes a very nice dual bypass kit where the lines go on a head that screws on where the stock filter goes.
I'm super glad I sprung for it on mine.

#11 ·
thanks guys for all the compliments. this has been a long project, 7.3 puked 6/09 so I am more than ready to get this thing done

#13 ·
the motor is a 04.5 it has exergy 40% over balanced injectors, headstuds, #110 valvesprings, colt/hamilton183/220 camshaft, 2 gen stainless diesel exhaust manifold w/a 60/68 over a s475 billet wheel twin setup. dont have an injection pump yet but probably going with a 85% pump.
the 7.3 windowed while towing :doh:

#15 ·
where did you end up finding your motor

#17 ·
I found a rollover truck complete for $4500, kept what I needed and parted the rest. ended up at about $2000 in all I kept

#18 ·
I would say I am overkill already :evil

#20 ·
nah...you're just right for towing. It'll be absolutely perfect for that.
Against my better judgement I bought some 90% over injectors and a dual CP3 kit. So much for a reasonable daily driver. LOL

You're gonna love it when it's running though...there is no comparison between the 2 motors.

#21 ·
update, trans and transfercase (271F) is mounted in the truck with the crossmember and mount modified. 4x4 shifter mount made and all working properly

my question for those who have done this is with the 48RE is how did you make the shift cable work properly? the lever on the 48RE has a different length than the 4R100 ( I think I have that part figured out ) but what did you do to mount the cable

#23 ·
I'm still trying to get over how clean everything is, looks awesome.

Are you sure your from Michigan, its hard to even find a spot of rust on the underside of that truck. Absolutely beautiful.

#24 ·
I bought the truck new in 01, it has never seen winter. It has to date 35k miles on it, I dont even drive it in the rain if I dont have to. it had better be cleanLOL

#26 ·
:whs:

Wow wish I could do that with my truck or have it look half as good as yours. Gonna be one helluva truck with the CR in there :drool:

#27 ·
I got the shifter cable bracket done and working good, front & rear driveshafts shortened/ lengthened, throttle adapter linkage from destroked in, and all good, power steering pressure hose and adapter line made just need to run return lines from cooler and hydroboost to reservoir. destroked tach pickup and tone ring is on. still a long ways to go but making progress:D

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
got a few more thing done, power steering lines and returns done from cooler and hydroboost

battery box done

bottom charger is finally mounted in truck in proper place to start building the hot and cold pipes. I have another bare block and head on the stand to build from to make this a little easier

#32 ·
got a few more thing done, power steering lines and returns done from cooler and hydroboost

battery box done

bottom charger is finally mounted in truck in proper place to start building the hot and cold pipes. I have another bare block and head on the stand to build from to make this a little easier
Where are your wastegates venting to? looks beautiful btw!

#33 ·
thanks for the compliments. both chargers are non gated

#34 ·
No external wastegate on your primary charger?? Hmmm. Interesting

#36 ·
I've had lots of discussions with Chris from Engineered Diesel and we decided this was going to be the best setup for the truck with what it is going to be used for, mainly towing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.