Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

!!!! rev-x.... wow !!!!

6K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  Turd-250 
#1 ·
!!! all i can say is wow...rev-x pretty much cured my miss...gave me my throttle response back...my truck even blows its little puffs of black smoke again... will get to know 2morrow how it works when its cold havnt let it sit still long wnough to get cold since i put rev-x in it... still has a lite bobble in the idle. very lite but enought to notice...rev-x was worth every penny and the wait so far !!!!

#5 ·
I think Tim had a pretty bad miss with his 190's at one point, but Rev-X cleared it up. I think that's when he became interested in selling the stuff. LOL

Am I right, Tim?

#8 ·
Rev X will flat out cure a stiction issue. I am a very firm believer in the stuff

#9 ·
I'm getting great results running the rev-x and valvoline 5-40 syn. Started up this morning 26 degrees, not plugged in and not even the slightest miss or stumble I use to get. I'm sticking with this combo! Thanks Tim:D

#11 ·
It worked great for me, for about 3k miles, then wore right off. I seem to be only 1 of about 3 people I know who experienced this, everyone else says it works for their entire oil change. I believe I have other issues going on. Regardless, the first 1500 miles or so were awesome. Just not worth it for me to spend that much to only get 1500 good miles out of it. BUT, like I said, other issues at hand too, not Rev-X's fault.

#13 ·
I think a weak FICM, and I've had one injector that has had stiction issues for probably close to 2 years. Even with the REV-X there was a slight miss on that single injector, but it was VERY faint compared to before the REV-X. I think the FICM is slowly dying though, and I didn't notice it until it got cold out. If I leave the truck unplugged in the cold, when I first turn the key the injectors barely buzz at all, I have to cycle it a few times for them to "come to life".

#15 ·
Yeah that's my guess. Had it in to the dealer twice specifically for that reason, and it's been in probably 3 times other than that for other issues, and they simply wont do anything about it. They'll just call me and tell me nothing is wrong, when obviously there is. It's getting really bad in the cold now, so I'm hoping they'll take notice to it. It's going in saturday for another transmission. Super.

Tim what's your price on the Rev-X and how do I order some. I'd still like to use it, hopefully I'll get at least one new injector out of this dealer trip though.

Going to test FICM tonight, have a buddy coming over to give me a hand with that, and possibly solder it if it's busted. This said buddy, works for an internationally known soldering place and has some solders that probalby cost more per oz than a new FICM from Ford.... helps to know people.

#17 ·
Good to know, thanks again. I'm going to test that FICM tonight and go from there... I have a hunch it's no good. Sounds terribly weak if it sits overnight in the cold.

#18 ·
Test your batteries if you havent already

#19 ·
I'm scared to do that and find that they're dying. I can't afford new ones until probably mid next year:pointlaugh:

Seriously though, I don't think they're an issue, but wouldn't hurt to test I suppose.

#25 ·
Tested FICM tonight, 48+ volts in every test. Guess it's a really crummy injector.

#27 ·
rev x is the way to go eh. I live in vancouver does anyone know where i can get rev x from in van i cant find it anywhere or can it be shipped out there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.