Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Any sponsors sell???

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TylerDurden 
#1 ·
Im wondering about a couple of things first off: Has anybody ran a 6" lift with 37's(or anything bigger than a 35) and then gone to a stock suspension and been happy? WHo has ran a skyjacker and found something better? I am impressed to no end with my 6" skyjacker. Aside from eating shocks quickly the 6"w/ the 37's is a dream setup. Is there a better option? I was toying with goint to a 4" and 35's but it just seems a little too indecisive.

So it boils down to either going to a leveled-stock with whatever will fit or replacing my 6" and running 37's again. This would be on a 2000 3/4ton cc/sb diesel, black lariat.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
Yeah the race truck used to have 10" and on 39's. Hated it and lowered it to 4" and eventually leveled it. The ride was horrible, front end parts was wearing out fast and fuel mileage sucked.

#3 ·
Cool...with my truck being so friggin long I just dont know if Im ready to go that route...I definitely wouldnt mind the extended wear out of the front end... I usually do the brakes every year at this time and just count on replacing the bearings/often the calipers too...Did this three days ago...at home and the bill was right at a grand..the bigger tires are the culprit.

What size tires are you fitting on that leveled front end?

#5 ·
Any sponsors sell a 6" kit? What brand are you recommending as my lift is 10 years old and things have prolly changed in the meantime? I dont really plan to use ANY of the old components over...maybe the pitman arm but Id kinda like a new one...

Anybody?

#7 ·
Has ICON been around that long? Didnt Donahoe racing morph into ICON?

Ill take this under advisement but dont they only offer a 2.5, 4.5, and 7" lift". Isnt a 7" from them waaaay bigger than my 6 would be? I like how you said best riding lift for a sd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.