Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Smoked meat sandwiches

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  johnday 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Whenever I stayed the night at the Flying J in Dorion, PQ. I'd always get the smoked meat platter. I thought it to be pretty decent for truckstop food. I was talking today with another olde driver that did Canada like myself. I mentioned the sandwich, he sorta turned his nose up on me, saying he didn't eat "horsemeat".:eek: Now, the dumb question, was it smoked horse? Doesn't matter a lot, if I ever go through there again, I'd still get it.;)

#4 ·
Ya, really. Crap, people eat muskrat where I come from. And I do remember eating horse when I was a kid. That was back when farmers were butchers as well as a lot of other things. Never thought it as being a big deal!:D

Ya, but if it smells like tuna, but isn't, DON'T eat that!!!

#6 ·
LOLWell I guess that's that! Ya, I agree, if it tastes good what's the problem. Now, there are a few things I just can't eat. Liver, heart, kidneys, gizzards, nope, just not right. I used to hang with a lot of southern guys, AARRRGGGGHHHHH, some of the stuff those guys liked about turned my stomach thinking about it!!LOL
OMG!!! And my Grandmother used to make haggis. I'd always hide in the chickencoop when that crap was being cooked. GGEEEZZZZ!! [We still need that puking smiley].

#8 ·
You know, I thought I remembered guys hauling horses over to PQ for food. It was a while ago, and when my bud told me the smoked meat was horse, it kinda made sense. If horse was the worst I've eaten, I've done well!!LOL
Is it cheaper than beef?

#14 ·
Now get this, sometimes Quebec City is simply referred to as Quebec, hence the PQ thing.;) At least that's how a Maritimer explained it to me.;)

#16 ·
No, you just had a side of coleslaw with it. Know what ya mean though, sorta like vinegar on your fries. That's good as well!!;)

Hey, did you ever notice you can't buy Canadian bacon in Canada? No, not peameal, although we both know that's "real" Canadian bacon!!LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.