Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Should I Give Up On My Race Truck?

927 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  joedaddy 
#1 ·
I started my dt360 project a few months ago and everything was rocking. Had a good budget, parts were coming along well, then everything started to fall apart. First, the company that is making all my custom suspension parts took a ton of my money and is more than 4 months behind and will not give me a straight answer about anything. Second, two of our DD cars both took dumps so I bought the wife a low mile TDI (out of the race truck budget), great idea right. Well looks like I get to fight it out with the dealership about the cp3 self destructing and them not covering it. That nice budget is nearly gone and all I have to show for it is a TDI that I can't trust, and a bunch of parts that I don't have. I am really starting to get frustrated and just give up on the whole thing. When do you throw in the towel, or have I already crossed that line? I am not a quitter, but if I call one more place that can't give me an answer about parts I am going to loose it.

#2 ·
Just give it a break. I have had to take a break from my project truck as well. I need to save more money. At the same time my wife and I are building a new house so I guess it could be a while. I dont have a dead line, it is just a hobbie.

#5 ·
Just give it a break. I have had to take a break from my project truck as well. I need to save more money. I dont have a dead line, it is just a hobbie.
I'll second this! I'm short of money for my project right now, so its just getting set aside. I plan on slowly piecing it together, one piece at a time.

No rush, like fbilly said it is just a hobby. Not quite as important as your DD, which I don't blame you for being pissed about the way that went.

#4 ·
People say I should give up my project. But, I got all my parts, just need to get a rebuild on motor and I'll have a DD and a fun sled puller truck. I also have a nice credit card debt. If I can convince my wife on a "refi" of our home I could pay off the debt. AND we got 3 kids under 3 years old. Money is hard to come by.

Jim, can you get back any of your money and start over?

#6 ·
Thanks brothers. I think I just needed to vent to people who understand.
I wish I could get my money back for the suspension parts though, I would do that all different in hindsight. I guess it just has to sit for a while till things shake out a bit. Kinda wish it didn't have to sit right out side my front door, I get pissed every time I walk past it. Ya'll are right, it just needs a little break. Thanks again for the encouragement.

#7 ·
I've been wheeling and dealing on parts and saving money for about 6 yrs now.
Just finally got the the point where I could actually start on my build.
Good luck and take your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.