Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Toyo M/T's only lasted 18K

10K views 60 replies 34 participants last post by  BigRed97 
#1 ·
Earlier this year I started a thread about how my Toyo's were projected to last 16K...well they made it to 18K but no more. 2/32's left on all four tires and swapped them out since it's starting to snow around here. Some of you suggested I fight for some $$ back and the store did give me a credit towards new tires. Even with the credit it's still alot of money every year. I did not go with Toyo's this time.

The local guys are saying the 16" Toyo M/T's are wearing fast but the 17" and 18" are wearing forever. A guy I work with just swapped out his 38"x18" M/T's with 54K on them. He also pays ~$450 EACH for his tires but comes out money ahead compared to my situation. Wow.

Discuss.

#2 ·
Toyo's aren't the best for mileage but not the worse. I had A/T's that lasted 30K miles and brothers M/T's lasted 25K miles. The best one's I've seen are the procomp extreme A/T's. I'm running Nitto highway tires on my truck and have 30K on them with at least 50% remaining.

#46 ·
What kind of Michelins? Other than the military tires I didn't think they made an agressive off-road tire. I have had B.F. Goodrich AT's last forever, but want to go more aggresive next time.

Anyone run the ZML XZL Michelin 20' military tires?

#4 ·
Dang I would be ticked if my tires only lasted that long.

I got at least 15k on my toyo M/T's now and aren't showing any signs of wear, mine are 35x12.5 R18

My previous set of tires were Nitto Terra Grapplers 325/65R18 and they wore out at 40k (1 was far worse than the others, probably could have gotten at least 5-10k more) and I was dissapointed with that. I'm hoping the toyo's last longer.

#8 ·
You know my thoughts on Toyo MT's... Love them, run them on both mine and the wifes Excursion.

I will never again run a Toyo AT... Never had good luck with them, and then this...

#9 ·
I have Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's on my 06 CC. Size 35x12.50R20 LR "E" and absolutely love them, they arent super loud on the highway and everywhere ive wanted to go with them i have. Now i dont do extreme off roading or anything, but last January when it snowed around here, i went everywhere i wanted to in 2WD.

#31 ·
I dont know if your just interested in MT tires but I had a guy come into work with the Hankook Dynapro Atm all terrians with 80k on them when he finally got new tires

#11 ·
When I bought my tires(ATZ) it was a toss up between those and the Toyo MT. The guy said the Toyo would last longer than the ATZ would but they cost more. I figured I would take a chance and save some coin and go with Mickey Thompson. I don't have many miles on them only 5k but they still look new and I know for sure they will last longer than 18k miles especially since my truck doesn't make enough power to break them loose when dry.:doh:

#13 ·
Nitto mud grapplers here. Great tire rides great just very very loud. If your not worried about getting alot of milage out of them they are great but they cost alot to only last 15-18,000 miles

#15 ·
Swampers don't wear for chit. Any of 'em.

Back on topic: my first set of Toyo MT's (37/13.50/22) went over 50k miles and had another 5-10k left on them. If I'd monitored my pressure better and rotated more regularly, I'm sure I could have gotten 65k miles out of them. I was so impressed with them that I bought 5 more (one extra for a full size spare and doing a 5 tire rotation).

#18 ·
I had a set of Toyo MT's in a 315/75/16 and I got 50k out of them and probibly could have gotten another 5-7k out of them. I switched to the Toyo AT and am running a 355/60/20 and love them. I have 15K on them and they are about 80%.

#23 ·
for the most part they are good all around traction. I can get into it pretty hard once Im going 30 or so and they wont spin. Full throttle runs from a dead stop are a no go but they are fun!:D I liked the MT but I had them for 5 years and wanted a different look otherwise I would have put them back on.

#29 ·
odd that you got such little mileage out of them, I had 54k on my last set of toyos when i sold the truck and they easy had another 10k left to go

my current set has only about 5k on them but still has absolutely no signs of any wear

#32 ·
Goodyear duratracs are a great tire, I pull a 30 ft goosneck everyday with my duramax(work truck). I got 47,000 on my last set and well on my way to that again. I run a 275/70r18 on there. I have been thru lots of sets of toyos on my personal trucks but never worn a set out, I always sell em to get new tires and wheels.

#34 ·
I heard and read alot of bad about these with bigger heavier trucks. Alot of people say that they are to mushy, and the side walls are soft. Im assuming this isnt the case for you as you have been running them a long time and towing with them as well. I just bought a set of DC fcII. only thing the shop that i went to had. Hope they last a while.

#36 ·
I have been running the Hankook ATM for a couple of years now on my 99 and they have been great. I plow with this truck and the tires seem to be wearing well. I have Goodyear Duragrips on the Excursion right now and they ride and handle great even on a heavy truck. I want to go to a taller tire but Goodyears are only avaliable up to a 35 right now.

#37 ·
i ran hankook dynapro 315/70/17 and got good mileage i would say about 2 years and 40k miles. when those wore out i stepped up to 37/12.50/17's and have less then 15k and a year and there 3/4's worn already.. needless to say im pissed..

#38 ·
I've had several sets of Toyo's and like the MT's the best a couple years ago I had 40/15.50/22's on it got right around 50,000 miles out of those since then I've downsized to a 37/13.50/20 Toyo MT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.