Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

fuel bowl test port

27K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
Anyone know the size and type of fitting I need to test fuel pressure at the bowl?

#7 ·
Here you go. Cheap and easy to see install pic

Fitting
http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/fittings.asp

Picture
DieselManor Image
:whs: You can buy the plugs at the dealer, then drill a hole through it and weld a fitting so you can hook up a gauge
This is in the 6.0 section guys :poke:

For 7.3's I use a male -4 ORB x male -4 JIC. Then I have a 90* Female JIC that runs into a hose and then a gauge. Takes one tool to install besides the M5 allen head plug and you can aim it whatever way you want and don't need thread tape.

m 12.5 for the test port on the fuel bowl
Ok M 12.5 ORB. I know the thread pitch is 1.5. Thanks.

#5 ·
:whs: You can buy the plugs at the dealer, then drill a hole through it and weld a fitting so you can hook up a gauge

#4 ·
#8 ·
vader, both trucks you have listed are 7.3s so the link is for 7.3. If you need a 6.0 fitting its the m12x1.5 listed further down the page I previously listed

#10 ·
#12 ·
I used a Male M10x1.5 x Some sort of flare and then used a female 90* flare x -4 Pushloc hose end. Ran that to a mechanical gauge on the cowl just like I do the 7.3's. Worked perfect.

#13 ·
I tried to install my FP gauge Saturday. The threads were right but the adapter (the "nut" section that is used to tighten it) didnt clear the attachment on the side of the fuel bowl. Anyway, I decided to use the billet caps for fuel press an EOT. Sniper32 sent me a link for them. The total for both is about $125. Thought I'd pass it on. Let me know if you'd like the link.

#14 ·
All you have to do is hit it with a bench grinder just a little on the high spots and it goes right in it is a good set up.
2 stroker

#15 ·
Yup, that's what I did with the fitting I bought. Just take a hair off the edges of the hex.

I am going to go back though and see if there is a fitting that works better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.