Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Would you replace this spring?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Marauder 
#1 ·
And did someone add a third leaf to the spring pack. I added 300lbs to the front end and it didn't drop an 1/4 of an inch.

See less See more
#2 ·
That bottom leaf looks like a leveling kit leaf. The top one has a little wave in it but idk if I would be too concerned with it

#3 ·
The leaf on the other side is even worse! The seperator pads have fallen out....
Thanks for the information on the lower leaf....I thought it was part of the spring pack.

Thanks for the help!....

#6 ·
I'll pick up a set tomorrow.

Thanks...

#7 ·
Someone added a leaf as there shoudl only be 2. I woudl 100% no question about it replace those with some new ones. That must be one creaky ride from the looks of those.

#9 ·
It rides like a semi truck, hell I bet a semi rides better than my truck.
It feels as if it has limited travel. I sent my Vin to a dealer and found that the truck should have came with a GA which is a U code spring. It has a FA which is a T or X code.

Since my DR 4" lift is a mount/shackle style I went with a aftermarket 43-768. It a 5200 lbs springs. 2630 lbs each. Hopefully I'll keep my ride height and soften up the ride a tad. As it sits my front end suspension really had no give on the street and off road you needed to keep your seat belt firmly taught.

Hopefully these new springs will still hold the front end and allow me to keep my teeth a little longer.:D

These are the springs I found. I did not purchase them through this vendor...

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7469

#8 ·
I'd replace them too.

If you are happy with the ride height, Carrier Spring makes multi thin leaf springs with small lift (1", 2" and 3"). Icon and Deaver seem to only offer 4" leafs as their smallest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.