Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Viper 2-way saved me tonight!!!

28K views 175 replies 69 participants last post by  Skew12 
#1 ·
I have the Viper 2-way alarm that notifies me when the alarm is going off. Was at the movies tonight when my alarm started going off in my pocket. I actually didnt hear it, my wife did. I grabbed it and looked and it showed a door sensor activated. I took off running out of the theater, down the hall, out the front door and across the parking lot. When I get to the truck there is a Honda Accord parked in front of it, in the middle of the lane. I run up to the car, get the license plate, and try to look inside but the windows were too dark. I get to the truck and my drivers side door is open. The lock had been punched, the dash was pulled off and crap was everywhere inside. But the guy was gone. I tried to pick something up to throw through the window of the car (because I dont have a handgun on me). The car takes off, so I jump in the truck, and the chase is on. I think he thought it wouldnt be a problem outrunning me because of the size of the truck. Little did he know I had Gearhead Automotive's Street Race Lite loaded up!! Chased him for a few miles till we got in traffic and he was able to take an exit before I could get over.

Anyway, thanks to the Viper 2-way, they didnt get anything out of the truck. When the cops got there, I said "they are probably from Houston, we'll never see them again". He told me the plates came back to an address here in Beaumont (which he was nice enough to share!!!) Here are a few pics of what was left behind:

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice. The Viper is a great alarm.

#4 ·
Nice post. Was thinking of getting one that alarms me. Now I'm sold!!! Hate that your truck got messed up man. Could have been alot worse. Just curious, did it have a loud horn going off the whole time they were in there?

#5 ·
Thats what pisses me off most...the alarm was going off, with the guy in the truck ripping my dash out and there were people 5 cars away getting out there car like nothing was going on!!

#8 ·
People hear alarms going off all the time and ignore them now I guess.

Viper does rock ! Just wish they had a lethal shock or something option you could add to it legally....

#46 ·
Train horns wired to the trucks alarm. Gotta be one of the simplest, most effective ways I can think of. People around here it and look up and notice, thief now has to change his pants and will probably give up and run with all the racket going on.

#9 ·
Did you see them get out of your truck???? Yup, Honda would have had some dents!!!!!! What do the cops have planned for the reg owner of said Honda?

#10 ·
Unfortunately ....I never saw the guys. I think the guy that was in the truck took off running. But I never saw them.

The bad thing is...with no positive ID...not much they can do "legally"

#13 ·
Its a 2way alarm. So when the alarm goes off, it sends a signal to my remote on my keychain. It has a LCD display that tells me whats happening, like door open, shock sensor etc.

#14 ·
sucks man least you spooked them and they didnt get anything,id think about putting some keyless handles on,its one more thing to detour theives

#15 ·
how does the alarm know if some one is breaking into it.are there sensors around the truck or something.Where did u buy it from.

#16 ·
Look into the Viper SmartStart via iPhone... Im going to go with that setup, as soon as I'm allowed to upgrade my phone... start your truck around the world, also, 2 way ofcourse...

I've only had one experience where I had to chase down a truck, but I was in my Expedition and they were in a 09 6.0 GMC... I got em, but bein on the phone with the police while doing 80 down side roads in dangerous...

glad you got ouy ok, next time be careful, they may be armed... Im just thankful here I can carry my gun just about anywhere....

#17 ·
I want to find something that like after a set time a 150db + ear shattering so at least when they are in there stealing your crap its gonna daze them some with that.

I am definitely getting the viper also. Also going to hurry up on the CHL I do not make it to the city often but one of our trips last year truck got broken into right outside the hotel room.

#21 ·
They make special sirens that are for mounting inside the vehicle. Suposed to be so loud you cant sit inside it without ear muffs.

#22 ·
So I read this thread last night, and told my wife I want to get this for the truck and the Explore. She of course declined and said it would be a waste of money. So this morning on my way out the house to go to work, I noticed something black on the ground next to the Explore so I walk back there and noticed the back window was smashed out. So now I think it is safe to say this will be going on soon.

#24 ·
That sucks buddy, They got me last December at Cavenders. Got a buddy of mine in a 08 Super Duty a week later. The police told my buddy that they had hit 20 superduties in one day a couple days before. An undercover cop actually caught the 3 guys inside by buddies truck. After that my next purchase was a keyless driver door handle and a Viper 2way alarm.

#27 ·
When I came running out, there were people that had just got out of their car like 5 cars down from me. My alarm was blasting away and the guy was inside ripping my dash out. They were holding hands, walking to the movie like nothing was wrong!!!

#28 ·
Man if you thinks that bad as far as people not careing check this out. My neighbor was telling me he was going down the road and he just starts seeing brake lights so he pulls over to keep from hitting the car in front of him. Well wat happend was a lady hit a kid on a bike then haulled ass. Every one just left the kid in the street and just went around him. He got up there and got the kid out of the road and had an ambulance come get him. Wats the world comeing to.

#30 ·
Where can i get one of these? sounds like a good investment.

#88 ·
Best buy sells them word to the wise i bought mine online and directed electronics does not warranty or want any individual to put it on. They will not suply instruction for it and let me tell ya from experience there is about 70 wires and u need to no more then a average car guy will no about wiring to do it your self you need to no about resister and diodes too. This thing is a freaking pain in the ass i think i have about 20+ hours in it and i have done 18 remote starter and alarm. This one tops them all by a long shot. If i had to do it again i would pay to have it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.