Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone have one of these lights..

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  oneton 
G
#1 ·
I'm thinking of buying one of these for plowing at night and hooking to a trailer in the evening and was wondering if anyone has one.. My backup lights are pretty worthless on my 1 ton.. On there website they look really bright..
Any input would be great..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think the same about the reverse lights. I want to make a couplr cut outs in the bumper cover and do set of led inserts like a big rig. as far as those lights go i dont think they put out that much light. I put a set of the small fog lights on the inside of my camper topper and they help but not that much. i think the Lights I have and those are simlar. I think what makes those nice is they are up high and shine down. the only bad thing is you have to open the window to use them. I did not want to look at them all the time on the outside.

G
#3 ·
Ya, I'm still looking into it.. Not sure what to do just yet.. The reverse lights are worthless especially plowing with my CCLB dually, it's like plowing with something the length of a school bus.. LOL

#4 ·
I thought I read another one of your threads about a LED light bar? if you have a headache rack you might be best with putting a set of KC's on it facing backward. I would put them on a relay to go on when your reverse lamps come on so it would be automatic. Or a double relay setup so that they are automatic and use a toggle in the cab to have them on any time to work with. Most my accessory lights are double relayed. One for auto and when for a toggle switch.

#6 ·
I am not so big on the look either. But it would be a solution. I think to balance it out you would have to put a few facing foward. or maybe just mount the entire below the cab line on the headache rack. that way you only see them from the rear.

G
#11 ·
I think I'm going to weld a small plate to the hitch and mount them there..
I have to stay out of the bed area because I throw lots of firewood in there and it's only a matter of time before a piece of red oak meets the light..:eek:

#12 ·
I remember seeing some led bulbs that go in the stock back up lights, they were a ton better than the stockers. I think doing that and some small lights under the bumper would work great and look good.

We plow at almost all factories that are well lighted. Shoot most of the time i dont even run my headlights! Just the park lights, looks cool when we get all 8 superduty's running around at night.

#14 ·
55W lights though a 40 amp relay..light up just like low beam head lights when wired like the diagram bellow..they come on when i put the shifter in R or by just hiiting a switch in the cab..

Attachments

#17 ·
55W lights though a 40 amp relay..light up just like low beam head lights when wired like the diagram bellow..they come on when i put the shifter in R or by just hiiting a switch in the cab..
I was going to wire mine jus like that. I already have the relay setup for my back up camera. I realy like where you put those. do you think it would be worth putting two more of those back their? as one set straight back and two angled out.

#18 ·
it would be nice to have two angled out when backing in a trailer...but i kind of like grumpy's idea of putting them out on the side...i have them on the side of my car hauler at the end of the fuel tank's..they light up where ever my mirror can see as well as right beside of me....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.