Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

08,6.4l,which lift to go with for $5000??

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  LORDDiESEL 
#1 ·
i am putting a new lift on my truck, but having a little trouble deciding on which one to go with. what i have now is a fabtech 6'' basic system with bilstein shocks,stock leafs with lift blocks,fabtech traction bars on 37's. overall it rides pretty good, but the rear suspension could b smoother.
i don't pull heavy loads, but do pack around a couple sleds on a deck. almost pulled the trigger on the carli 4.5'' 2.5 coilover system, but didn't. not sure if i would like the looks of only 4.5'' of lift.
looking for suggestions,what does $5000ish get ya.

thanks, Rob

#2 ·
You could do the Icon 7" 4-link with OUO Traction block rear and Icon 2.0 shocks all around for around $4200.

Or you could do a Icon 7", with OUO Adjustable Link Arms, Icon 2.5" diameter shocks up front, OUO Traction block rear and Icon 2.5" diameter rear shocks for $5041.00

Those are probably the two best setups using $5000 as a max to configure them.

Obviously we can configure them other ways if you wanted to spend less......or more :D

#9 ·
with the icon sys, do they keep that thick bottom leaf in the back or use a deaver mini pac.

#3 ·
cool, thanks.
been looking into icon, great reviews on their stuff.

#4 ·
what's the advantage of going with the adj link arm vs the 4 link.also r there advantages going from a radius drop down kit to a 4 link or adj link, for everyday on road driving.eg; the carli 4.5'' 2.5 coilover system, 10'' of wheel travel, great on-road and off-road drivability but still use the radius drop down system.

#6 ·
Both are better than stock, but he OUO adjustable link arm gives you the ability to adjust/shift the front axle forward in the wheel well if need be.

Also the OUO ALAs are a little bit less expensive. They will give you better flex than the stock arms as they get rid of the big bushing at the frame bracket and use a monster rod end.

#5 ·
Best riding kits will have 4 link arms as the stock arms will bind they cannot move in a arch to allow one wheel to move without acting like a giant sway bar. IMO get the lift you want regardless of if its a C/O just get 4 link arms will ride much better. We can even get you into a 8" 4 link Coil over kit for under $4k..PM if I can help.

#8 ·
love the idea of the c/o, but 8'' of lift is getting up there for me.

#7 ·
thanks, guys.
i live in alberta, canada. our dollar is pretty much on par with the u.s, which is good for me. but on the other hand, shipping would probably b pretty costly.
if anyone has any info on shipping, brokerage fees, feel free to chim in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.