Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How many are runnin shackle/drop brackets?

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  pitbull62 
#1 ·
wonderin how many of you guys with leafs are runnin th shackle and hanger kits? lookin into a setup for the front and Sky's shackle flip in the rear. if yagt pics of your setups lets see them.

#3 ·
i looked at that, isn't it over $1000? i was lookin at sky's stuff cause it seemed to be well built and reasonable on the wallet. it almost seems like i should just buck up and buy a 8" kit cause it ain't gonna be much more in the end.

#5 ·
how bad is that gonna mess with my pinion angle in the front, i'm already runnin 4".

#7 ·
ok i looked at it wrong, been a rough day, know of anyone that sells the spacer for the driveshafts?

#10 ·
Sure, but you will need to add more than just the Hanger/Shackles to the parts list.
Crossover steering,
longer adjustable tracbar
tracbar lower mount relocation bracket
longer swaybar end links
driveshaft lengthening
depending on length of brake line, maybe those too.
Rear suspension changes
transfercase clocking kit

#20 ·
i know this is a very old thread but how much total lift are you running in this picture and how big of a tire? thanks

#12 ·
DC, can you get the procomp driveshaft spacers?

#13 ·
hangers where way off, I had to bore the holes out to get the bolts through. The shackles where just as bad, I had to put them in a vice and spread them open about 1/2".
I e-mailed Sky about the problem, and he was very argumentative and did not care that I was having a problem with there parts.
I will never use SKY again, there stuff is junk!!! Technology Vehicle Family car

#14 ·
hangers where way off, I had to bore the holes out to get the bolts through. The shackles where just as bad, I had to put them in a vice and spread them open about 1/2".
I e-mailed Sky about the problem, and he was very argumentative and did not care that I was having a problem with there parts.
I will never use SKY again, there stuff is junk!!! [/ATTACH]

Attachments

#16 ·
ok, well i was lookin at price differences and i don't know how much the spacers are, but i do know how much it is to lengthen my shafts

#17 ·
I've run hanger/shackles a few times and getting ready to put them back on my truck for another 3" of lift....they're quite nice if built right and easy to install

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.