Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tired of waiting on PHP to fix this-need help with FU

6K views 63 replies 26 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
i finally received my package from PHP yesterday. i hooked everything up to get ready to flash my new settings. well nothings working. the phoenix program is up and running and the burner connects but thats it. i can check and see that php did hook everything up on the 2nd to verify but now i cant connect to their server. is this a common issue? i cant update program files and when i verify the module it says my "BC" ID is not authorized. if im doing something worn please let me know. ive called and talked with people at php but no one has an answer.

#3 ·
this isnt going to turn into a pissing match. i paid for something and did everything i was supposed to. they recieved it and were supposed to get it ready and ship it. im not heartless but its a couple days shy of a month waiting for this. i just want what i paid for,thats why i posted. maybe someone has an idea of what the issue is. if you dont have a solution dont post.

#6 ·
Your title is the reason for the reaction. Not to mention a screen name like you have. It really has turned into a instant gratification world hasn't it.

#8 ·
what does the user name have to do with whats posted? if theres things going on that are keeping PHP from keeping up they should shut down until they can. i dont care if you dont like the title. jesus i should have known i would get no were on this forum. full of boys who get butt hurt WAY to easy.

#12 ·
You mentioned it being almost a month that you have waited. So it may have taken a month for you to receive what you purchased, but you just got this YESTERDAY, and you are "tired of waiting on PHP"? It has been a whole 30hrs MAYBE that you have been trying to resolve this issue? Maybe 8-10hrs that they have been in the office and able to help you?

#13 ·
Aren't you the same guy "Nation National something or other" Can't recall the exact name that got banned? You seem to have this same thread going on other sites as well with the same attitude.

#21 ·
That would be Nation1979 who is in fact banned.

#23 ·
A year or so back (when they lost a family member IIRC) I sent Bill a gold superchip :pointlaugh: for my '02 service truck, took about a month to get it back.
He spent a great deal of time programing it bieng old technology
for a wopping $35.00 .I'm sure he didn't make any money on it :bowfast:

Sh*t happens, pull your big boy pants on and get over it.

I'm sure there not out to screw you, although I would sure take my sweet a** time getting back to a special customer like you.

:grouphug: maybe this will help

#24 ·
Guess reading forums isnt this guys strong point. Took a few minutes to read others post on php's forums to come up with a list of possible solutions to his problem....

1st Id check to make sure windows firewall isnt blocking the program.

2nd Your suposed to use the code form the email to activate the software.

3rd Wasnt hard to see everyone got answered on there when they asked for help, but I bet he spazzes within 6 hours if no one gives him an exact answer :D

#30 ·
Different port on a router perhaps?

#31 ·
External address would be the same. If me and you work in the same building, and our internet is coming through a switch and a router, we will have different internal IP adresses. The rest of the world would see us both as the same IP address though.

#32 ·
It is the same guy.

Yes, I tried to help him and I did give Bill and Corey the message that they were to call him. For those of you who do not know the situation at "the office" right now, I am working remotely from my home in Montana. The office phone rings at my house and I help with as much technical support as I can from here. The FU server is not within my capabilities to access and I believe that it is simply a matter of updating a little bit of information.

Unfortunately, Bill did not call the customer back today. I will try to get this resolved tomorrow.

#33 ·
Don't think for a second that any of us think that you all did something bad. From what I've heard, PHP has some of the BEST customer service in the business. Keep up the good work!

#35 ·
To elaborate a bit (since this is on my mind):

Bill is one of the most compassionate guys you would ever meet and has a profound passion for what he does and is capable of doing.

On a typical day, I will give him the names and numbers of at least half a dozen people who are having issues (and most issues these days revolve around Windows Vista/7 problems). The bad part is that Bill, and ONLY Bill, can take care of these issues. A vast majority of these calls he returns suck up a large amount of time and he doesn't always get to all of them in one day....he's got a life outside of work too, just like the rest of us. There are a lot of times that he probably feels like he has no life outside of work as well, and that's not fair to him. So, in addition to the calls I take and forward to him, he's got the calls he takes, Corey takes, and the calls he has to return that he gets in emails. In all honesty, I don't know how he can keep such a level head day in and day out after spending all of his time on the phone.

#36 ·
To elaborate a bit (since this is on my mind):

Bill is one of the most compassionate guys you would ever meet and has a profound passion for what he does and is capable of doing.

On a typical day, I will give him the names and numbers of at least half a dozen people who are having issues (and most issues these days revolve around Windows Vista/7 problems). The bad part is that Bill, and ONLY Bill, can take care of these issues. A vast majority of these calls he returns suck up a large amount of time and he doesn't always get to all of them in one day....he's got a life outside of work too, just like the rest of us. There are a lot of times that he probably feels like he has no life outside of work as well, and that's not fair to him. So, in addition to the calls I take and forward to him, he's got the calls he takes, Corey takes, and the calls he has to return that he gets in emails. In all honesty, I don't know how he can keep such a level head day in and day out after spending all of his time on the phone.

I think we all know that with out a doubt and hence we figured we would help at least take out some of trash. :evil LOL LOL LOL LOL seriously I do not think I have said one word of malice on this site ever to anyone but with this guy, seeing how Bill and all of go so far out of your way to help people, just rubs me very wrong.

#38 ·
#1 (permalink) Yesterday, 05:46 PM
nation
Compression Ignition Addict
nations Gallery Hall

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

tired of waiting for PHP to help-FU connection issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit-bills the man. just hung up with him. i turned over controll of my laptop and he made it all good.
00 F250 auto 6" lft/37" toyos,####raff frx,####raff hpx,####raff plenum inserts,####raff IC couplers,####raff AIH delete,####raff pre-filter,GS gauges,turbomaster WG,WW,DIY intake w/AFE bigboost,tru-cool tranny cooler,magtec tranny pan,BD diesel built tranny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by nation; Yesterday at 08:26 PM.
From the other site.

#39 ·
Just so it's clear, I talked to the customer about 10:00 last night. He's California, so it was only about 7:00 for him. After checking a few things, we determined that there was an initial issue connecting with the server and in an attempt to resolve the problem, the customer had uninstalled and then reinstalled the software. This has the unfortunate side-effect of deleting the activation information and also renders the original activation key useless. All we needed to do was set up a new activation key and everything was good to go. I'm not sure what the original problem was, but everything is working fine now.

I appreciate everyone that came in to back us up. It really means a lot to know that folks understand how hard we try to make sure we take care of our customers. The last thing we want is to have everyone get into a squabble and I do understand the customer's frustration at having some problems that he felt weren't being addressed. The original e-mail I'd received was at about 7:30pm on Monday evening. I had looked at it Tuesday morning but given the nature of other pressing issues, I had to put it back on the day's priority list. However, the issue was handled within 12 hours after I was aware of it. Sometimes, it just takes a little patience. :)

I must say that I'm actually surprised at the tone of this thread. When I talked to him last night, he was completely pleasant. Go figure...

Take care.

#40 ·
You would think the SOB (yes that right SOB) would at least post that Bill got him taken care of. The SOB sure didn't have a problem crying on every dam site he could get on. With all that PHP has gone through in the past few months, I will say I've never dealt with more upbeat - bend over backwards to help people.God bless you Bill, if it was me the chip/burner might have worked sometime around the first of the year. That's just how i feel, didn't see Bill's post guess I'll read it now.

#43 ·
Yes Bill you do have some BIG shoulders and some strong nerves as I am sure I have been on several of them at times.

I keep telling you that with all your technological capabilities you need to figure out how to clone yourself. And while your at it you need to clone Corey too as the world can always use another person a sweet as she is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.