Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

rear brake dust shield - is there any other way?

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  dorman68 
#1 ·
I'm helping my neighbor with his truck, brake job and his dust shields are rotted and dragging on the rear rotors. Ford says this item is serviced only as part of assemblies 2209 and 2210 which were quoted nearly $300ea.! :eek: I can't believe these are not sold separate as the rest of his brake parts are fine.

Are there any other options short of a salvage yard hunt to replace these? My neighbor is the kind of guy who if he could get these for ~$35ea he would have me replace them but if not then screw it and go without.

#2 ·
Go without I took my rotted fronts off a long time ago. As long as he isn't going mudding with it he will be fine.

#3 ·
That's the problem he is a farmer and this truck goes in water, mud and thick brush/tall grass as well as being on the road. He wants to replace them but not for nearly $600.

#4 ·
Thats the only way to get them. Plus the ebrake shoes mount to it, they also have the cast steel caliper mount with it.

#5 ·
Yeah sorry forgot it was the rear. You are gonna have to replace them. You could try a junk yard. You could buy a whole rear for that price and take off what you need and sell the rest and get some money back.

#6 ·
i have a set on a axle in my backyard waiting to go into my truck..

bottoms bent on 1 of them from sitting it in a tractor rim to keep it off the ground. can look see how the rust is on them for ya tomorrow?

were talking about the 10.25/10.50 axle right?

#7 ·
Yep 10.5 on a 2002 F350. Could you check on them when you have a chance? Anyone else reading this know where I might pick up a few decent ones too? I called several local junk yards, the ones that had axles with this part in good shape didn't want to part them out. Would of had to buy the whole damn axle @ $500 which is just as bad as getting new parts from Ford! Just can't win sometimes.... :(

#9 ·
my dust shields are prety bent up, and the mounts for them on the backing plate... kinda cheesy... swiss cheese...

sorry man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.