Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2012 SD - Better Braking?

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Balla6.7 
#1 ·
From most of the reviews I've been hearing, the 2011 is just about perfect, with the exception of the Brakes. I know that it's early, but has anyone heard anything about an upgrade (at least as an option) being addressed in the future?
I'm going to be in the Market for a Truck in the next year or so and there's no question on what Brand it's going to be lol. Just the year I guess.

#3 ·
The brakes on my '11 F-450 are awesome both loaded and unloaded, best truck brakes I have had yet. I have heard the brakes on the F-250 are a little softer though since its a vaccum system and not hydroboost, like the F-350 and F-450.

#6 ·
hmm, my brakes on my 250 are really soft the first push then tighter the 2nd... ive been meaning to go back and get the brakes bled thinking might be air in line or something..... but Milts brakes on his 350 are really good.... why would the brakes be different on the 250s??

#14 ·
Ok, I see now. Everyone is referring to the 250s, I wondered, because I can't imagine my 350s brakes being much better than they are! I am thrilled with them. I'll be towing "heavy" the first time Thanksgiving weekend. I got the B&W in the "Big Brown Truck" this week, (actually it showed up about 38 hrs after I paid for it on EBAY,,, unbelievable!)
Anyway, I'll get it installed this week. And I already have the Companion now, so I am going to haul my Boss' camper back to the St. Louis area then. He's in Afghanistan for a year. Be home next summer and will retire from the job he has soon after at Whiteman.
So, his camper will be the first one I haul! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.