Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7.3 transmission

5K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Cratos 
#1 ·
Help... I am looking to install a new trans, but being that this is the forth one I really don't want to do another after this one. Can anybody recommend a trans that is going to last that isn't going to break the bank. Thanks!!

#4 ·
X3

#5 ·
BTS, X's 4 too bad you don't have a working trans to trade, I have one I'd trade with some cash to someone. (Selling my truck, taking it back to stock for the sell, since some won't pay any extra for something like that, (Average person never heard of BTS).....

#9 ·
Yea, probably because he's human, and made a mistake. Also no biggie, most, if not all of us have had a 7.3L anyway! So we're probably qualified to answer.

Welcome to the forum buddy, Ford Remans are one way, and are about 1/2 the cost of the BTS,,,, but much more worth it IMHO.....

#14 ·
So I live on the West coast and JW on my side, whats wrong with his trans? I never read anything bad about him or BTS. Why is BTS that much better?

#15 ·
DI in Houston can get you a tranny...

I believe Ford offers a "HD" reman, for slightly more than whet you were quoted.

For a cple more options

#17 ·
Tampa- Thanks for the heads-up. I will look into the HD through Ford as this seems to be the fastest, cheapest route that I can take...For now. I wish I could go with the BTS, ATI or JW but the money tree stopped distributing money..What miracle grow would help that problem :)

#22 ·
Thanks for all the valuable input that you have all given. I stumbled across a guy that use to build transmission for ambulances that has a pretty reputiable reputation in the industry that is going to rebuild the trans for me. I will post back once I get it installed to let you know how it performs.

#23 ·
Mmmm maybe , what is going in yours.

Bts jw and suncoast all billets are fantastic but 4k+.
Now rebuilding 3 2k trannys still cost more.

If I was you you can try rebuilds
BUT impove the parts, you can get clutch kits from racerx better tc for sure..there was a 3 clutch ati for cheap (under 400 ) I want to try. And a woods, transgo tugger, or bts valve body for 200-250ish. That assuming you have a chipped truck and under say 433 hp.

#24 ·
Correct. That is why I am not going back to the Ford Reman because they only replace the parts that are broke without any upgrades. I am being told that he will go through everything and upgrade all the parts with aftermarket, not sure of the brand, but the will be something that I will ask when I deliver it to him on Wednesday. Yes the truck is chipped, exhaust and intake but I am not sure of the HP as I have never took it to the Dyno. Maybe I should do that after the trans...

#25 ·
Make sure you have it written somewhere that they will warranty it since you have mods. BTDT and got denied because I did some mods to my car. Well, in all fairness, they said it would hold up to normal expected use for that vehicle not with power adders.

Do it after the trans so that you will know what it really is worth, power wise.

Some light reading for you HERE and THERE

#26 ·
after the 4 th trans i have my BTS on order wish i did it when the first one went would have saved 2 grand already over all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.