Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

'05 F350 Single wheel to dually

30K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
Is converting a 2005 single wheel F350 front dana 60 to a dual wheel as simple as changing the wheel bearing/ hub assembly, or is there more to it. I thought about just using adapters, but the axle I have needs wheel bearings/hubs assemblies anyways, so I figured I would just do it right if possible.

#3 ·
Are you wanting to convert the front axle? Or at least thats the way i read it..

#4 ·
Yes. I have a single wheel front axle from an '05. I want to convert it to run dual wheel. Are the bearings different, or do I just need an adapter? O'reilly's list a different part number wheel bearing/hub assembly for the dual wheel trucks, but ALLDATA just talks about removing a bolt on adapter only. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Nope, at least on 99-04 axles the wheel bearing, hub assemblys, rotors are all the same. They have a bolt on spacer that sets the wheel out farther.

#6 ·
Its not a dually, but upgrading to 275/65R20s on your SRW gives you 3750 pounds per tire.

Most of the dually stability comes from the stiffer rear springs, not the duals.

I understand that sometimes you just need a dually.

#9 ·
You will need the front spacers (bearings are the same, srw and drw) The drw rear axle is 1.7 inches wider than the srw. Now that doesnt mean you will need a spacer for out back. See if a set of dually wheels fit.

I have a set of factory 8x170 to 8x170 front spacers for sale. if you want them.

If you plan on sourcing a 2005+ DRW rear axle, I also have a set of factpry 8x170 to 8x200 spacers as well.

(I had a 02 drw front axle as well as a 08 drw front axle...)

#11 ·
Uh, no, the rear axle on a DRW is wider, and both 2 and 4x4 front ends have spacers. And the only difference between 99-04 and 05' was the bolt pattern change from 8x170 to 8x200, along with larger rotors.

Read this thread.
SRW to DRW Powerstrokenation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.