Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Adding guages work over head?

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  tree trimmer 
#1 ·
I am about to get egt, tranny and boost on the way, I am debating autometer ultra lights or Isspros ev2s. My ? is if I get the AM pod for the rear view mirror will the boost guage work up there? It is mech. so it has the little tube to run to the guage. Will it make it safely up there w/ all the twists and turns? Any other input on choices or option appreciated. I would do the pillar mount but where I have to park sometimes I am worried about a broken window and missing guages.

#2 ·
If you buy a long enough length of tube and don't kink it, crush it, or put a screw through it, it will work just fine. Actually come to think of it I wonder if the extra distance might help some with the fluttering needle.

#3 ·
If you buy a long enough length of tube and don't kink it, crush it, or put a screw through it, it will work just fine. Actually come to think of it I wonder if the extra distance might help some with the fluttering needle.
same here

#4 ·
I thought that flutter only came when you mounted the sender in a wrong place? I plan to put mine in the AIH spot when I remove it do you think I will get flutter? Are there any electrical boost guages for around$100 from AM or isspro or are they all like $3oo ea.?

#6 ·
Check out the Isspro EV2's... Save your self alot of wiring work and electric is the way to go.

I believe the EV'2's are now avalable with the warning lights now too.

#9 ·
Here is the warning light feature I was mentioning...

#7 ·
id go with autometers,i ran isspro's and wasnt very happy with them,also know a few poeple that run them and arent impressed.the autometers are way more responsive and look better IMO.i wouldnt worry about them getting stolen,my boss truck was stolen and recovered and they didnt even touch the gauges

#8 ·
What were you not happy about?

What style of gauges were you running?

#10 ·
I have factory match performax.

1st non autometer gauges I've ever purchase.

They are a great product. The single wire going into the cab rocks no doubt. The max /min recall feature is cool.

The boost and egt gauges are where the weakness of those gauges are displayed IMO. The non smooth, delayed motion isn't something I knew about before hand. It probably wouldve kept me with autometers had I known.

#11 ·
i ran the ev1's trans,boost,fuel,and pyro and my buddy runs ev2 trans,boost,fuel,pyro,hpop,ebp.they seem slower than the atometers,there style is outdated and a few of the gauges seem to light up only when they want too,isspro's wiring style is also out dated,the autometers seem more updated,easier to wire,etc.

#12 ·
EV'2 is outdated?

I would agree the EV1's Amp boxes are outdated but the EV'2's are anything but outdated.

I will admit I am a huge proponant to Isspro, but if you guys are having issues, be sure to mention it to Michael. They are made in the US, in Portland, unlike 95% of the other gauges out there.

They style of the gauges is to match the factory, not be flashy like most of the Autometer styles.

#13 ·
we have talked to michael,he said he would fix the problem.yes they do match.the wiring is way over thought IMO,all and all i think the autometer is better,easier to install,thats just my opinion

#15 ·
I live in Portland I wonder if I can buy direct from Isspro? However hearing about the delay in them worries me, a second or 2 could be the difference in a motor window or not. I personally like the look of the AM ultra lights over all others and I can get all 3 guages and pod for $290 locally which is a huge plus. The only thing that I am worried about is the tube line being ran w/o issues and now fluttering. I was under the impression that fluttering ws only an issue when the sender was placed wrong. Has anyone done the AM mech. from AIH to above the mirror and how was your fluttering, mounting experiences? Thanx again

#16 ·
There is no delay. I really dont know what the poster above is talking about, I have been testing these gauges for going on 4 years now, over 100k miles now.

EGT is smooth as can be, as is the boost gauge. I drove 200 miles today to watch this after this thread and noticed nothing.

Other then that, back to your question...

My wife has Autometer Cobalts in the overhead, no issues.

#18 ·
you shoud be fine runnin any gauges up there as long as you take your time hooking them up.im just sayin i ran isspro's,know poeple that run them and install both brands.im not impressed by them and prefer autometers thats all.everyone has there owm opinion.

#19 ·
I have never heard of those issues with the ISSPro gauges from anyone else running them.

#20 ·
i have my autometers: boost, egt, tranny, and diff all over head and love it. it is more "conspicuous" to me and all gauges work great. had them for about 3 years now. about a year ago i sent my egt back to get calibrated and autometer sent me a new one. love that kind of constumer service!

#21 ·
I have tried to stay out of this,But I Have had many issues with my ISSPRO gauges over the many years but continue to use them because I like the way they match my factory gauges.Reliabilty wise I could not recomend them. Customer service was very slow also but they will back them up.Otheirs may have better exp. with them.

#22 ·
i run ev1s and love em they always work . and look good

#23 ·
I have three boost gauges above the mirror in my Dmax with no issues. The only thing that I know that I do different than most is I use polyurethane tubing instead of nylon - it makes it much more flexible and forgiving for routing purposes and haven't had an issue in 75,000 miles.

#25 ·
Love the cooling mist controler too!!!

And for the one's complaining about slow response, I dont see it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.