Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pull the rear block and a front leaf?

631 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  squeak12 
#1 ·
I have a 4" ProComp on my truck, and I want to lower it back to around stock height. Since I bought the truck with a lift on it, I don't have any of the stock parts, and I'm looking for the cheapest way to lower it. I have the 4" springs with a 3.5" block in the rear and all spring in the front with stock hangers and shackles. My idea is to pull the rear block to bring the rear down, and pull the bottom leaf in the front. Bilstein shocks all around, new u bolts, stock pitman arm, and stock panhard bar bracket.

Am I missing anything, or are there any issues with my plan? I know I won't have bump stops, but I have overloads on the top of the rears and I hardly tow anyway. As far as the front, I'm hoping one leaf will drop enough by lowering it 1/2" or so and softening the springs some. If nothing else, I'll end up getting new front springs.

Anyone know what stock length u bolts are or what length I will need? From looking at what I have now and a little math, I think I need 11" rear and 9" fronts which leaves ~1.5" of threads on the u bolts before bolts are added.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.