Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Home Made Under Seat Storage

10K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  tturbonegro 
#1 ·
Since i have speakers and amps behind my seat i find my self with no storage but under the seat. Its real annoying when you slam on the brakes and your jumper cables come out from under the seat and such. Well i could get a tool box for the bed but then my ATV wouldn't fit in the bed with the tailgate shut. So here is what i came up with for storage. DuHa gave me the idea... i was able to make it with stuff i had laying around.

Let me know what you think.

From the side....

Front the Front....

From the top with the seat flipped up.

I was able to use the bolts from the flat floor (metal thing that comes under the seat) to bolt the "L" brackets down (back straps). Very solid and its like having a mini trunk. Im going to make a locking system on it so the wife can put her purse in there if need be when were out. :thumb:

yes, the metal thing from under the seat is gone. Its for sale right now if anyone needs it. But it comes out with 6 torx head bolts. i then cut a piece of 5/8's plywood 6.5 high and 55.25 long. notched it for the braces and then made side pieces using a piece of cardboard for a template then cut them into the 5/8's as well. Glued and nailed the sides to the front and used back straps to hold it to the factory brackets. i then carpeted it the same way you would a sub woofer enclosure.

What cha think?

See less See more
#3 ·
very nice. looks sharp. don't know the "how-to" in covering a speaker box though...
did you ever put the locking mechanism on? i doubt that thieves would ever find that unless they stole the whole shebang and was gutting it.

#7 ·
Since i have speakers and amps behind my seat i find my self with no storage but under the seat. Its real annoying when you slam on the brakes and your jumper cables come out from under the seat and such. Well i could get a tool box for the bed but then my ATV wouldn't fit in the bed with the tailgate shut. So here is what i came up with for storage. DuHa gave me the idea... i was able to make it with stuff i had laying around.

Let me know what you think.

Looks good. I wonder what it would take to make a metal one that locks. Would be alot more secure.

Great job MPTonyT! How I wish I can also be creative as you! Anyway, this is what i have in mind, instead of making my own under seat storage I'm planning to buy this DU-HA under seat storage I found from stylintrucks.

DU-HA® Underseat and Behind The Seat Storage

Man I like that one, But when I look it up on their site it shows this for a crew cab. What is the one in your picture listed for?

#8 ·
Looks good. I wonder what it would take to make a metal one that locks. Would be alot more secure.

Man I like that one, But when I look it up on their site it shows this for a crew cab. What is the one in your picture listed for?

appears to be a crew cab 08+ interior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.