Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe's truck with twin pumps.

13K views 144 replies 28 participants last post by  PTSUPERD 
#1 ·
Finally got Joe's truck running and tested with the twin pumps.I have screen shots of three tests that we did for comparison. We have used the same stretch of road and the exact same tune for all runs.

Here is the log with a 100% stock single 6.4 pump.

Here is with exactly how the truck was before I did anything to it.

Here is the same run with twin fuel pumps.

Here is a pic of the engine with the twin pumps.

Here is a close up of the pump:

See less See more
#5 ·
I can not wait to race this truck!!!

I see some crazy ass pressure spikes with the single pump and it seems like there was an issue with the pump in my truck when I handed it off to you, no? The single stock pump looks to do better if I’m seeing things correctly.

P.S. I think this fuel setup is considered dual pumps not twin pumps .

Great work Jeremy!

#10 ·
What was most interesting that I found was how the single pumps react when you let off the pedal on the hard runs. The pressure spikes very bad. On the stock pump it seems to come back close to stock, but on the modded pump the pressure comes down very slow and stays almost double desired until the truck is shut off and restarted. Definitely from the logs I can see why trucks with modded pumps and even some stock pumps were blowing lines. With the dual pump setup there just isn't the spikes and thus I would guess there will be never be any blown lines or the need for the pressure blow off line.

bet it needs more air now cool deal though
That is true. Joe's truck has Elites Tow compounds, I think he said. What I saw was the max boost went up about 8 psi and the boost was almost always about 5-8 psi higher throughout the entire full throttle runs. Joe also has the wastegate on the setup. What we saw was maximum backpressure went up about 3 psi. Maximum EGT's went up about 150 on those runs into the mid 1600s.

What I noticed the most is how much harder the truck pulls from like 50 to 100 plus. When I first got the truck it was fast. It is just hard to describe how hard the truck pushes you back into the seat until lift the pedal. Seat of the pants there is a very noticable change in how the truck pulls. You can't tell any driving differences in the low end.

#11 ·
I just need to get it on the dyno and take it to the track. Sounds like 60#s of boost to 72#s of back pressure, not too bad for now.

who wants to run fuel vs. fuel???:flipa:

#18 ·
Show me a log of another truck that maintains rail pressure with bigger injectors. Sorry, but you all can bash me all you want but the results speak for themselves. All I do is make trucks that run and you keep bashing me. Have fun playing catch up. To date there are several companies that are trying to make a cp3 setup runs and as of today no one has been able to do it.

#21 ·
there are plenty of trucks with industrials pump that are maintaining just fine with 110s

Im not taking away from what you are doing, but you are making it sound like your trucks are the only ones that can maintain a big innovative tune and 110s, and thats not true.

#23 ·
I was a little turned off from the Industrial pump due to the lack of hard data and to top it off Wayne from Elite told me they had some minor surging issues, so that had me really turned off as I live in Chicago and it gets wicked cold. Also the price was stupid high requiring so many hard parts to “support the pump.” As usual I took a little risk and tried something not so mainstream.

It would be cool to see some graphs for the Dragon pump and twin stock pumps? Just to compare. Next season I would love to compare on the track or even DP challenge? :shrug:

#25 ·
I can't read that for some reason. I want to see a graph of Dan Lee's truck even though he has 60HP injectors.

Dr. Smoke you are running dual pumps on your rig correct?

#26 ·
I can not drop my back pressure and that is with dual 44MM gates and a lot bigger turbos. However I am spraying a small amount on this run. I am thinking the Dash Daq quits reading back pressure at 87.3. The boost is set with the AMS controller.

This run was 12.15 @ 124 MPH with a 2.3 60 foot

Attachments

#29 ·
Its holding 25,600 PSI at 1988 PW with the biggest injectors Dynomite had built at the time they are the Elite 150+ but with an extra something something Dynomite put in there for me. I dealt direct with Dynomite but bought them through Elite. I actually hate them they are way to big. I am not an enviromentalist by any means but on the hiway down low this truck is grose. I am going to cause an accident if I dont get the PW turned down on the bottom end.

#31 ·
May be it was me causing that one 1720 chunk the pedal position is right after PW and for some reason it drops to 50% at the same time. Could be a short in the zex pedal switch but I think something in the tuning is backing me down. Mike is going to have to play with that. He has since wrote me a new tune that I have not even tried yet.

#33 ·
There is a little one 26,466 is enough

What does the factory gauge quit reading at?

In industrials defence I beleive UPS may be a big part of the issue. We should Dyno coles truck with mine and see the fuel only difference between a Industrial 85 over and my dual stock pumps.

Anyways sorry if I am hijaking this thread but I am really trying to learn here as well.

#35 ·
The rail pressure where the modded pump flat lines was 199.99 or 29,006 psi, that seems to be the top of the sensor.

It is pretty amazing how much the log of joe's truck and your log mirror each other, boost, egts, back pressure and so forth.

#36 ·
Sorry guys I am a bit behind, but these are dual stock pumps, correct? And in response to the cp3 beibg 100%- how are they controlled exactly? Is it stand alone or just tuning?

On edit, I saw the pic of the controller. Can someone explain that to me please?

#37 ·
The reason why I used dual stockers is there is no electronics required or special pump tuning. I just spliced the two harnesses together and it worked. no codes & seems to be no issues. Only problem is excessive smoke at idle and under light loads cruisin the streets which is from the grosely oversized injectors. Coles truck is same chargers as mine and 150 nozzles it will be very interesting to see how well it works with the Industrial single. They just shipped me a brand new pump modified early this week double boxed and then strapped the box to a 4X4 skid put fragile stickers on it and sent it up on "ground freight".

Should be in next week

#40 ·
This is a log file from Rob at Dirty Diesel.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.