Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Amp steps

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
Well I bought a set of rize traction bars and I can't run them without taking off my amp steps, so what kind of steps should I go with?

#3 ·
Ill buy the Amp steps! If you want to sell them.

#4 ·
Yes, yes you CAN run both the Amp Steps and the Rize traction bars. Unless the '08's are different, but I have been running both on my '06 for over 2 yrs now without any issues. I had to move the rear idler arm for the Amp Steps forward one set of holes on the pinch-weld on each side in order to clear the frame bracket for the Rize traction bars. You can then slide the step board forward a few inches to compensate. You will NOT have any problems with the portion of the step that cantilevers past the rear idler arm...it may look like alot, but they are built very stout.

#5 ·
you should just give the amps to me : )

#6 ·
The 08's are different. The frames are different. My amp steps barely fit with ouo traction bars because my truck is lowered. If it was lifted it woulda been no issue. My steps are about 1/16" from the ouo. But I would not go without either.

#8 ·
So the rize bars will not work with the amp steps? There's no way? How much will u give me for the steps?

#11 ·
Sell the Rize not the amps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.