Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What batteries are you running?

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  wildstang3 
#1 ·
Hey all. After getting my new work truck, im driving it as a daily driving on the week that I am home. I always get the itch to take the powerstroke, but enjoy leaving the miles off it.

After sitting for a month and a half, I attempted to start it on Friday, and nothing. Are you guys running the yellow top batteries, or is there a better solution for our trucks? If Im not mistaken, arent the yellow tops around 150 each? Anyhow, for the past couple of days, the powerstroke has been turning slower than usual, and im thinking its time to throw a new battery in. Batteries are original, so its about time anyways.

Thanks

#2 ·
ive got duralast golds in my truck from vatozone there 1000 cranking amps and do very well. they were about 110$ apiece.

#3 ·
Careful driving around with bad batts, low voltage can cause all kinds of strange issues, and possible take the FICM out...

#5 ·
I am running Walmart specials right now. Made it through two winters now with no issues. Course, our winters are sorta like some of y'alls summers.

#6 ·
Best batteries you can run are Die Hard Platinum. They are made by Odyssey. they are AGM tech so you can run them at any orientation exception 100% upside down. They have a super long warranty and the best specs. The only dif between the Odyssey branded ones and the Die Hard Platinum is the stickers and color of the plastic outer case. Price is the other big dif Die Hard is much cheaper. BTW I has to be the Platinum line the other lower lines are made by other companies.

#9 ·
im runnin motorcrafts seen and heard good things about deca batteries

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.