Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Shackle drop and mini spring pack?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Blackford 
#1 ·
I currently have a homemade mini spring pack on my truck about 3" of lift and I'm looking to add about another 2" of lift. Is it safe to use a shackle drop kit with the mini spring pack?

Also would I need longer brake lines for a 5" lift?

#2 ·
Do you mean a hanger and shackle drop?If so yes,it will be fine but you will need a drop down bracket for your track bar and a drop pitman arm.I did it your way for awhile but it drives like crap.Bump steer and you can't turn all the way to the right if I remember.So add those two things to your list and you are good.Procomp makes a pretty good hanger kit for cheap($200) and its a 2in.Raul at stealth automotive can hook you up and see if he can get you the track bar bracket and pitman arm.He is a sponser here.

#3 ·
Oh and no,you do not need longer brake lines.You van gently bend you bracket on the frame and get the extra slack you need.Just be carefull so you don't break the hard lines behind it if you are in a slaty region like me.The back will be fine.I do suggest to anyone to get the russel stainless brake lines though.They do help with a firmer pedal and are longer for 6in lifts.Got mine for under $200 at summitracing for all 5.

#4 ·
We have 2" hanger kits and SS custom DOT rated 5 line kits..better priced than Summit.

Do you have a drop Pitman arm and longer sway bar links? If not you will need them along with a drop track bar bracket and adj bar..we have it all.

Cary

#5 ·
I already have longer sway bar links, and a custom extended track bar made for the 3" lift. I will definitely need the drop pitman arm, do I need the track bar bracket also or will the modified track bar I have now still work?

Thanks,
Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.