Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hit the track with my new tunes... I'm surprised.

5K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  Boost96 
#1 ·
15.08@86.42
1.98 60ft.

15.09@86.52
2.02 60ft.

I dropped just over a second just switching tunes. Same mods as when I went to Topeka with the same oil and filters as Topeka...

I tried hard to break into the 14's and did once but red lighted cuz the retard in the other lane took 45 seconds to set the prestage :mad:

I'm hoping as soon as I get shorter tires I can run high to mid 14's consistently.

I'm just excited, I didn't think my truck had it in her.:D

#3 ·
I'm sure it did,... It's been so long since i've ran with the stock turbo that I can't really compare them anymore.

My new tunes are pretty aggressive and my first run the 38r stalled and my truck took a nose dive which was pretty weird. I don't know if it was a fuel, oil, or air related. I had to finesse it around the 100 ft mark to get around it or turn down to the 100 econ tune.

And the tranny was awesome, so yes, that definitely helped.

#4 ·
Dang, that is awesome. What truck configuration?

#10 ·
This is a 4wd I'm assuming since you have 33's? If you can knock that 60' down some (should be able to get it to about a low 1.9 or high 1.8) I bet you hit 14's pretty solidly. What boost are you launching at and what tire pressures are you running?

#13 ·
high? what should my 60ft be with my mods? I'm surprised i even broke below a 2 second 60ft.

I have tried launching at 15psi plenty of times but I don't see any difference in my times from 12ish-15psi, so I launch at 12 to take care of my tranny.

By next year I'll have a set of lightweight wheels and shorter tires just for the strip. I'm sure my times will get down then. And my next investment is the new stealth pump and maybe a small shot of juice if if I have enough play money.

I don't know if it's possible or not but I want to be able to break into 13's with stock injectors before I upgrade those. I guess I'll find out when someone calls me an idiot or spend a bunch of money trying.

#15 ·
Like I said, you should be able to get your 60' to a high 1.8 or at least some low 1.9's.

#19 ·
Once upon a time, I got a 1.86 60ft.

Going to the track this Wednesday. Hoping for a 14.5.

As for 13's, I hate to say it can't be done, but unless you cut a LOT of weight, it won't happen. Stock nozzles won't flow enough, no matter how much oil. Now, 400 bucks for a nozzle swap, and you might be close. I had planned on it, but I doubt I'll go that route.

#20 ·
Once upon a time, I got a 1.86 60ft.

Going to the track this Wednesday. Hoping for a 14.5.

No you're not. They're not gonna be open 'til the Wednesday after this one. Putting concrete down to the 330'. :D

#22 ·
Not enough fuel to burn.

#27 ·
If you can get your CCSB to around 6K lbs, you may be able to run a 13.99...

I think people under estimate what it takes to drop a full second of of your 1/4 mile time. Yes, dropping a full second off of a 16 second 1/4 mile is easy. But the faster you go, the more power you have to add to go faster.

Imjosh's truck went 13.99 or faster with stockers I think, but that was a single cab 2wd.

#28 ·
I think people under estimate what it takes to drop a full second of of your 1/4 mile time. Yes, dropping a full second off of a 16 second 1/4 mile is easy. But the faster you go, the more power you have to add to go faster.
completely understandable... I'm still learning. I've been burning donuts in the dirt my whole life. Just this year I got into drag racing. Thanks to this place:doh:

#29 ·
13's on stock injectors in that truck ain't gonna happen.

FWIW, I ran 15.2's regularly and I think I squeaked out a 14.98 somewhere along the lines.

There is a HUGE difference between a ~320 rwhp truck and ~420 rwhp.

Took me 238cc hybrids to run 13.3-13.5 on fuel... setup dynoed 491 or so.

#33 ·
Yup, and I was gonna be happy with just a tuner on my truck. LOL

#37 ·
Glad those tunes worked out so well for you Kenny. I knew you were going to like them when we were programming the chip before the race.

Also, it was good to see you again. It was a good thing you did not stick around to watch me pull as it was 2:00 in the morning before I finally got to hook.

I ended up in 10th place out of like 12 or 13 trucks in the open class. My pull was 264ft and some change. There was some pretty mean trucks in that class and first place went to a Duramax they claimed had just dynoed 1600hp the week before.

If not for the tranny and having to let out of the fuel to get it to shift I would have done better I am sure. This was the first pull with the nitrous and man what a difference when it hit.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.