Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

CFM elbow

11K views 84 replies 19 participants last post by  Blcksmk08 
#1 ·
Has anyone running the CFM elbow on their 6.4 had an issue with oil being pushed out between elites adapter and the elbow flange? It's misting oil on the back side towards the turbos when under boost. Could the elbow or the adapter be warped?

#2 ·
Damn, I'm the only one? I guess I'll have to post pics in the morning. Maybe I'll take it apart and put some rtv on it.

#7 ·
I'm gonna pull it in the morning and try cleaning it and useing some rtv till I can get that mpd adapter ordered. Gotta do this crank case vent too.

#6 ·
Yeah just let me know a price and that's probably what I'm gonna do. If it's leaking oil, I'm sure it's leaking boost too.

#9 ·
I just took it all apart cleaned it and then used a adhesive RTV to seal it. Gonna see if that works, still ordering the double o-ring adapter though as soon as I get a price.

Heres some pics.

#11 ·
Well I'm not happy about it but who am I going to be pissed at? I bought it from Rudy's but he didn't make the part's elite did. Can't really be pissed at elite because it's not the parts they made it's the gasket the CFM uses with there elbows. Elite is redoing there adapter to use double o- rings and do away with the gasket at least. Maybe they will offer it at a discount to people who already bought there kit.

It's all part of the mod game.

#15 ·
I just took it for a drive after letting the RTV dry, seems to have done the trick. The CCV mod is in the works though.

#18 ·
Damn that bad huh, that sucks hate to hear it.

#20 ·
Mine did this also. Poor flatness on the CFM intake elbow. I'm not sure if its too much boost or what but they do not hold a seal. I remember a company that made stainless intake elbows that looks real nice but can't remember who it was...

#22 ·
I believe that's the dirty diesel elbow. Rtv isn't holding, its starting to leak again. Called elite but their in a meeting so the woman that answered the phone said she'd have them call me back on it. I'll see what they say.

#23 ·
We have a brand new set of bad ass elbows just finished. It uses the factory oring to seal right to the plenum. It is a factory replacement and will clamp perfect right to the cold side pipe. Oh yeah and its bling! I think price on just the new elbow will be around 300.00 but am not sure yet. We just finished up another 12 and once the costs come in I will get the prices on the websight.

Attachments

#38 ·
Made a ruber gasket today after work from some gasket material from the local parts house. I'll know if it works by the time I get on the job in the morning. Hope it does till I get the updated adapter.

#40 ·
Home made rubber gasket seems to be working. No leaks yet, hope it holds.

#41 ·
Ok I guess I spoke to soon, this is getting highly frustrating at this point. I'm starting to get ticked off now.

Rubber gasket blew out, all I did was trace it from the original gasket and it's exact. I'll post pics in a bit, going to have to make a new one I guess this time with a little more material on the sides instead of the same outer shape of the original gasket. I never even got over 25 psi today that I saw or noticed.

#42 ·
Heres the pick, I'm irritated as all get out.

CFM original gasket on the left, home made rubber one on the right.

#45 ·
Well good news is Craig @ MPD came through like a champ, I should have their double o-ring design adapter shortly. I'll post back once I recurve it and get it installed. Huge thanks to the guys at MPD for stepping up to the plate and helping me out. Can't say enough good things about those guys.

I was going to say, your home made gasket was a home made band aid. I would go with a one piece setup
That's all I made it for, I was hoping it would hold until elite sent me the redesigned one. How ever I can't get a ETA from them and I can't keep making a new gasket every night until I get one. But looks like MPD is on top of it.

Again big thanks to MPD.:ford:

#47 ·
Yeah Craigs a rockstar. Should have it tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.