Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Will this tire/wheel combo rub?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
I'm looking to put 37x13.5 tires on 18x9 rims with a 5" backspacing on my 2001 F350. Does anyone know if this tire and rim size is going to rub a lot on my springs when I'm turning?

#6 ·
Do you have a lift? If so what is it. If you do not you can forget about running 37s, not even close unless you only need to drive straight forward and backward.

#9 ·
I'm running a 8" procomp with 37x1350x20 combo with 4.5" backspace and I rub at 3/4 turn and get a nice grind when any kinda articulation occurs. I am changing lifts soon though not happy with the pro co. I'm gonna let DC hook me up with something made to drive.

#10 ·
With those rims and tire combo you are gonna get leaf rub. You need 10" and 4.5 IMO. If when you are on flat ground and turn the wheel and get any rubbing anywhere just consdier what will happen in a turn with just a small about of speed going thru a dip in the road such as turning into parking lot or onto another street? Not talking about off roading just normal everyday driving.

Whatever you end up doing if you get minor leaf rub you can drill and tap a hole in the stop and thread in a bolt that will stop it just shy of rub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.