Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Look what showed up today!

32K views 248 replies 48 participants last post by  Mackenzie4086 
#1 ·
Well after over 3 months of collecting money and waiting, the new (to me) engine and tranny is here!

The last engine had 223k miles on it and I decided to put an 03 turbo on it. It turns out I should have cleaned the vanes on it before I put it in, they stuck and the turbo made 50 psi, then the truck died when I tried to replicate it just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. It sounded weird while cranking, so we decided to pull the engine and see what happened. I ended up blowing the check ball out of the HPOP, the valves made contact with the pistons, both heads were cracked (we already knew that), and the cylinder walls were slightly scored. The next day I ran across this rebuilt engine and tranny for 5k and decided to jump on it. It's got some goodies and I'm pretty stoked to get it cleaned up and put in the truck to see what it's gonna do for me!

See less See more
#4 ·
What all goodies does it have?? Congrats and keep us posted!! New parts make me happy too haha.

#5 ·
Good to see you got your motor!! I see a bunch of braided line. Fuel system and NOS?

Sooooo it looks like you don't need the coolant plate/fitting on the old motor.;):poke:

Drop me a pm if you want to work something out.

#7 ·
Looks good man! Good luck with the new engine...hopefully its a stong runner!

#8 ·
Ok, I just copied and pasted this out of the classified ad, but here is the build list, I'll be adding a FASS and probably a Hellman intercooler to the equation... And I have plans for some nitrous down the road :D

MOTOR: 03 6.0 4500 miles on it since re-build ( I tore it down when I head studded it,never had a problem but knew I would have blown a hg at the level its at right now)
ARP head studs,new ford hg`s,all new bearings,balanced rotating assm. recieved a new set of heads,hardened valve seats,new ford pistons coated by polydyn,rings,new hpop & oil cooler, upper intake is ported,egr is gone,block was decked. trusted performance oil filter fuel bowl delete,with WIX filters ( as i know a certain member on here had bad luck with the junk filters it came with) stage 1&2 fuel lines also from trusted W/areomotive reg., elite 225`s, trusted s300 66 71/74,race tuned FICM from eric @ innovative

TRANS: suncoast input shaft, suncoast triple disk,altos red eagle frictions,kolene steels,new ford solienoids,mag pan...approx. 400 miles on this trans.

#10 ·
Dang, man. That sounds like a heck of a deal right there. I'd consider trading that FASS out for an AirDog II though. I had a few issues with mine as have others. My AirDog II hasn't missed a beat so far. And PLEASE take that Banks crap off of there! LOL

#11 ·
Haha yea Danny, it seemed like a good deal so I jumped on it. I've thought about an AirDog. but I didn't think they had the same warranty as FASS? And for the Banks intake elbow, I'm thinking about grinding down the raised lettering and having it powder coated along with the Banks i/c piping

#12 ·
And for the Banks intake elbow, I'm thinking about grinding down the raised lettering and having it powder coated along with the Banks i/c piping

I was gonna suggest that too. :D

When do you think you'll have it going? It oughtta be a beast!

#15 ·
He's into sled pulling and said he couldn't compete with this setup, so he's doing a Cummins swap

#14 ·
Well since everyone at the shop is leaving for SEMA tomorrow, I'm gonna have to try to get it in by myself, or get my dad to help me. I'm hoping by this weekend though, but I dont think I'll have the money for the fuel system by then, so who knows. The shipping is probably gonna suck me dry, I got a quote for 1300 pounds, and when it arrived the ticket said it weighed 1700 pounds, so I'll probably get screwed on that

#17 ·
Is there a trick to get the engine in with the tranny already mated to it?! I can't seem to figure it out...

#18 ·
What's hitting?

#19 ·
The engine oil pan is hitting the crossmember, it's like I can't get it high enough before the tranny hits. I'm gonna try to get the hoist closer to the top of the engine with less slack in the chain. It looks like it'll fit, maybe not though...

#24 ·
I think I'd rather pull the trans.

#25 ·
You don't understand how close it is LOL
Half of the deep part of the pan is already over, I just can't get that last few inches, it's like the tranny is hitting the fire wall :mad:

#27 ·
Fuk it, I just realized I bent the oil pan. It's coming back out so I can fix the oil pan :mad: I'm gonna separate the engine and tranny and do it the normal way :mad: :mad: It seemed like it was so close!

#28 ·
Things are much easier when the tranny isn't attached!! I decided not to mess with the oil pan, it's still functional and no one will ever see it. The engine is finally in! I should have never tried to do it with the tranny on, oh well, dumb idea, lesson learned!

#29 ·
Good deal!

#30 ·
Excited to see how this thing runs.

#32 ·
I wish I would have seen this sooner. It's a close fit with just the motor going in. You don't get much room to play with. I had to put the motor in without the trans. Well I pulled the motor and left the trans. But to get the moter in with the trans off I still had to pull the trans back as far as it would go befor the clutch would clear the input shaft. I helps if you have a few hands to help also. I know I'll never pull it myself again lol. But back on topic. Hope it runs strong for you man.

#33 ·
Dropping the engine in without the tranny, up pipes, and turbo is a breeze, it literally took me 5 minutes to get it in after I separated it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.