Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hood stack 95 7.3

17K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  rancherstroker6 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. i have a few questions i would like o find out about before i go through with my hood stack idea. i have a stock 95 f350 7.3 manual. I am puttin a k&n cold air on it and a banks quick spool turbo upgrade. i am wantin to put a 5-6 in hood stack on it and im wondering if i will lose anypower by doing this. i no there will be no backpresseure at all witch is why i was tihnking about puttin a 3in to 2in reducer for some pressure. I really want to do a hood stack and i just want to no if an intake, and turbo upgrade will be good enough so i dont lose any torque or horsepower. thanks.

#9 ·
Well I would ditch the K&N and get something with better filtration. 2nd in many places you would not pass safety and emissions inspection, most shops with half a brain realize there is no muffler and cat. on your exhaust. If you have an "in" at a shop I say go for it.

#22 ·
most shops with half a brain realize there is no muffler and cat. on your exhaust.
Not all OBS trucks had a cat on them from the factory (mine didnt) and if i remember reading correctly last i looked, the loose federal definition of 'muffler' is (dont quote me on this) Any device between the exhaust manifolds of the engine and the end of the tail pipe to quiet the sound of exiting exhaust and engine noise. so technically this means the turbo is considered a muffler :evil

#13 ·
I like the Donaldson version of the 6637. Dale at Tymarperformance.com can hook you up. From what I have read over the years it has the ability to protect from water ingestion. The problem with k&n type filters in a turbocharged engine is unless your are anal about maintaining them dust can creep past the cotton filter and cause damage to filter and engine.

#25 ·
:doh: :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.