Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My build

3K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  KRSD11 
#1 ·
I finally received my settlement from my wreck so I will finally be ordering all my go fast parts tomorrow. I'm going to buy from Rudy's, I've only heard good things. So far after research and asking Q's, this is what I've come up with:

Dirty diesel's IC CS pipe(since the sale)
powerstrokers67's DP
5'' DP back Flo Pro Exhaust
H&S Black Maxx(buying KEMs tunes once available)
OUO traction bars
AFE stage II intake

Anybody have any suggestions instead of what I'm going with; my only thing I'm debating now is to piece together an exhaust (powerstroker DP&DPF/DOC delete pipe 5'', and magnaflow 5'' DPF back) or go with what I have listed above. Thanks to all to have given me help in the past. I will note that I was dead set on IDP's tunes until KEM joined up with H&S.

#5 ·
so you think I should just piece one together using powerstroker's parts and magnaflow?

#8 ·
thanks again guys!
BFT: I would do wastegate but can't afford to take cab off now :(

#11 ·
Spatel23: thanks for the advice...that's the route I'll be going with, looking forward to working with rudy's from hearing all the great things about their customer service!

#13 ·
yeah i would stay away from flo pro my hangers keep breaking off

#14 ·
I ordered all my stuff:
Cold side IC pipe
S&B intake
Mini Maxx
4'' downpipe
5'' DPF/DOC delete w/ 5'' MBRP DPF back
Will be ordering traction bars soon...

#15 ·
well all stuff finally came in. pleased with everything, but the fact that they sent me a 4'' exhaust instead of a 5'' like I ordered.

#17 ·
Please I want to reiterate the fact that Rudy's was great to work with...the exhaust problem was just miscommunication because it turns out I payed for the 4'' instead of the 5'' like I asked for...not a big deal for now.

#18 ·
Word of advise. Send back the 4" and get the 5". Pay the shipping and the dif. Trust me you will just end up buying a 5" later. 4" looks dumb on lifted trucks IMO. If your looking to lift in future.

#20 ·
Prolly not Arron is very cool. Just saying if need be which prolly won't it's worth it now instead of doing what I did and getting another made.

#21 ·
They called back quick, but unfortunately there was miscommunication when ordering and a 4'' was ordered and that's what I payed for so I can't complain. I'll probably ride this exhaust out for a while then switch over to a 5'' down the road. My exhaust guy put extra welds on hangers hoping to add longevity.

#22 ·
Got everything installed(except cold side pipe, didn't have time)...but I'm really impressed with the power so far. I WILL be buying KEMs tunes once released though. I wanting a 310ish tune.

I'm very impressed with the Mini Maxx and all it has to offer. The S&B was relatively easy to install considering how cluttered the engine bay is(instructions were great). The exhaust venture went on very smooth once I cut the stock downpipe to take it out. The monster 6'' outlet MBRP tip looks awesome!

I did the trans. tuning exactly how the directions said. So far it has learned quickly, but still has a ways to go. If I roll off the line then give it around 1/2 throttle, it feels like it lags or slips between gears...I have the hot dam tune with 45 lock and firm shifting. I really debating going to hot dam 45 lock and race shifts.

#23 ·
No experiance with the hot tunes but I know the sct takes a while to learn trans shifting too. Like 15 miles usually. Glad to hear it all went well. Get some pics up and take it to the track.

#24 ·
I'll try to post pics of my rig tomorrow...slips will take a while. I live 2hrs away from the closest strip. Thanks idkillinit.

I'm mostly interested in the trans shifting difference b/t the firm and race settings.

#25 ·
I run mine on firm stock settings around town because I still have a stock trans. Only run race trans when I'm at the track. This is what I recommend

#27 ·
Yeah, I ran my mustang there years ago, but it's about an hour and 30 away from my house. Once they open back up, I'll definitely be hitting the strip. Hopefully by then, I'll have traction bars and new tires :)

#29 ·
Yeah, you let me know when you're heading down there and I'll do my best to make it down. What part of georgia do you live in? I live right near toccoa.

#30 ·
I am north of Atlanta up I-75 about 20 minutes. When I got to the office (rarely), I go up I-85 through all that area. Our office is in Hendersonville, NC so I have to go I-85 up to I-26.

It's about an hour and half drive for me to get to Commerce also. Well, I should say going home from Commerce lol. Going to Commerce took 2 hours and 45 minutes last time I went due to Friday traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.