Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2011 rcsb 7.3

19K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  Iowa PWRSTKE 
#1 ·
My girlfriend wants my truck and im have been thinking about building me a truck. I was thinking about taking around a 99 regular and shorting the frame to a short bed. Has anyone looked into putting a '11 front end on an older truck? I though a single cab short bed 4x4 6sp with about 500hp on 36x15.50s would be a fun truck to drive. Has anyone attempt any part of this?

#3 ·
There are tons f people that have done the short bed standard cab with a 7.3 and the 12v cummins. The 2011 front end dont think will fit becasue the hood and fenders are different unless you do a total front end conversion

#8 ·
:whs: ouch to all the other X's out there, that just raised the bar. That truck is sick.

#9 ·
After seeing that Ford really needs to start building the excursion again:bowfast:

#11 ·
I should be getting my truck to do the conversion tomorrow. Whose excursion is that?

#17 ·
anything new goin on with this build any pics of it?

#19 ·
Theres no way in hell i would give"a girlfriend" a truck like that!

#20 ·
This is a 05 F350 reg cab short bed with a 10" lift on 38x15.50-20R ATZs.

I know not what your after but thought it might give you an idea what a reg cab short bed SD would look like lifted.

#23 ·
Thats exactly what i am after. And she is my fiancee now. Im just still trying to find the right truck. Most of them are really beat up and autos.

#22 ·
that excursion it amazing. looks real sharp!

#26 ·
On the topic of the excursion... i went to the local ford dealer to talk to a buddy of mine about an excursion. The wife and i want some thing a little bigger than our expedition. My buddy wasnt there (hes the general manager, dad owns it) so i was just walking around bs'ing with one of the salesmen. He takes to the body shop and in one of the bays is sitting a 2011 F250 fully loaded. It was missing the back of the cab and the bed. Next to it was the body of an excursion. He is now building 2011 excursions!!! He already built a 6 door 6.7!! They look outstanding. I will post up pictures when I get them.

#27 ·
That excusion is one of the nicest I've seen.

Personally I think that lifted reg cab short bed looks DUMB. JMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.