Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need some help on Traction bars

847 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Ive done some research and OUO is the only place that is really mentioned for traction bars. I see that they have a block system that seems to be working very well. I dont really want to go that route. I want to use traction bars that can be shackled but im not totally opposed to welding them also. Is anybody else running traction bars from somewhere else? Thanks in advance Randy

If any one sponsors want to pm me a price that would be great also. I really would like to buy them from someone on here

#5 ·
The block system looks great, but I dont really have that kind of money right now to spend on it. I looked at there site and didnt see the weld on or bolt on system. I guess another queston would be how hard would it be to just build a set and either weld them on or bolt them on? Thanks again guys for the input

#4 ·
I had Fabtech bars as my first set of traction bars. They worked well to control axle wrap and did not impede suspension movement. Why I wouldn't recommend them is that the axle mounting does not offer any way to prevent the bracket from rotating. It is only clamped on and under torque loads will rotate 1/2" back and forth. Also, I broke the bars and some end links with my weak little 6.0L.

Now I have the OUO bars with the bolt on axle mount. Much more robust and thought out and executed. The reason I went with the bolt on bracket was that I only have a 1" block with 5" springs, so I couldn't use the block system which are minimum 4".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.