Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Ftitting 35x12.50 x17 tires on my truck

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Bockhold 
#1 ·
What will it take to fit tires that are 35x12.50x17 with 17x9 rims to fit on my stock hight truck. i still need to haul trailers too.

See less See more
#3 ·
It will kind of depend on the wheels and how much they stick out. Also your truck looks low in the front. 315/75/16 (tiny bit under 35 and right about 12.5) will fit on a stock suspension with stock wheels and only hit the leafs at full lock, but that is with a higher sitting front end (or atleast it looks higher). With the 9" wheels that probably stick out a bit, and your bumper being lower you will probably run into touching the bumper while turning.

My truck only has a leveling kit (looks like about 1.5" - 2") and I have 10" wheels with 315/75/16's and I have no rubbing at all. So I would say that is all you need, but it might depend on if your front end actually is sitting a an inch or so low as is, then you might need just a bit more.

#4 ·
Leveling kit will do it Jarrod. But it will rub at full lock

#5 ·
That should depend on the wheels. I would guess that with 9" wheels the offset would be enough to not rub at full lock. I'm not sure what the specs are on my wheels as far as offset and all of that, but I don't rub at full lock.

#8 ·
and you also dont have to have stock height truck either im saying you should go as big of lift as i do but alot of people think that a lifted truck is useless and i have a 8.5" lift with 38" 15.50 tires and i work in the commercial construction field and help my father run a ranch on the weekends and i still haul and pull my 38' gooseneck trailer with my truck and have and do haul up to 20,000 lbs with it with no problems at all so a 4" lift with those 35's would look good and still be a fully functional truck

#9 ·
stock rims are 16x7. i have thought about just getting wider tires on the 16" platform but this deal came up.

i dont know the offset on the rims but look like this and with the truck they were on. i know at lease i need a leveling kit. would the x code leafs work or i still need a level kit. i have to replace the front leafs and shocks anyway since they bounce.

and im not worried about some rub on full turns. last truck did it and was fine with it LOL

how do you find the offset?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.