Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Amp Research steps installed!

3K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  PTSUPERD 
#1 ·
Big thanks to Toby @ Throttle Junkie. He's a great guy to do business with. we werent sure if my truck would need diodes or not, so he sent me some out anyway.

I cant say enough about how well thought out this setup is. First Class from the wiring harness to the quality of the fasteners included in the kit.

I did the install myself with LOTS of distractions (kids, dinner, trip to the hardware store). Took me a little over 4 hrs including the LED lights.

All I have is pics in the dark as of now....

See less See more
#13 ·
Congrats, Gare! I know you have to be happy! :D

Folks, if you've never seen someone have to take a running start to jump into the driver's seat of a stock height truck, it is the funniest thing EVA!!!

I knew I should've videoed it while I had the chance.

#17 ·

#19 ·
Holy hell Danny. Thats awesome

#23 ·
I couldn't make myself spend the money on my 06 but when I ordered the 11 I left off the steps (more specifically the chrome package) and spent that money on the AMPs. Man do I wish I would have done it 4 years ago!

Install took me longer than it should have, but I made up for it when I installed them on my brother's truck. I nailed that one in less than 2 hours!

#24 ·
Looks good!! One of my fav mods I ever did to my truck.

Just in case you didnt know, when you are cleaning the truck....open the door, put your foot down on the step and close the door. That will keep the step in the down position for cleaning. Then just open the door and reclose it and the step will go back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.