Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6 inch with 38x15.50x20

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Seabee08FX4 
#1 ·
Is there anybody out there running mickey thompson 38x15.50x20 tires on a 6 inch lift. Have a f 250 08. It says there overall height is really 37.5. Just seeing if I could fit them.

Taylor

#2 ·
I have that right now its on a 99 and they rub badly. going to 36s in a few weeks.

#5 ·
Taylor,

MT are the widest 15.5 you can get. They are wider than any other 15.5 out there I have seen. Great tire just very wide. I think that is where you are gonna be in trouble. Look for a 14.5 and you may be OK.

are they rubbing the leafs bad or the fenders? They need to be ona 12" wide rim to keep from rubbing hard on the leafs.

#6 ·
Both I dropped from 10 inches to 6. They dont rub very bad on springs. Fenders are horrible. Would not recommend this set up without fender trimming.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I just like the way the Mickey Thompsons looked. I thought it would be a longshot with them being that wide.

Taylor

#8 ·
Im putting the 36 15.50 mickey thompsons. Im hoping they fit with a 6inch.

#10 ·
Im running that set up, very minor triming of the inner fender and barely any rubbing.

#12 ·
Seabee are those XDs only nine wide you have?

#13 ·
Yeah, they look fine though. Everyone said they would wear funny, but they haven't. In fact these tires have lasted me for almost 3 years and 60k. I don't know if it's the brand or the size that's made them last so long but I got my moneys worth out of them. Hell I only paid 219.00 a tire for them lol, jegs apparently over ordered them and was selling them just above cost. I couldn't pass it up. I'm about to upgrade to some Fuel Offroad Hostages in the 20x14 size in the near future.

#14 ·
Well they wont fit on a 99 model. I screwed my fender up last night in town. Was turning and hit a big dip and tire crushed in to fender. So now its body shop. I will post some pics today.

#16 ·
I just ordered mt 38 15.50 20 atz and I have a 10" wheel. People also said 37 13.50 20 wouldn't fit with 10" wheel and leveling kit but I had minimal rubbing issues. Now with 6" inces I put my buddys off his 04 on and they have a bigger offset ant fit so yes they will fit even with a 10" wheel. I don't think anything wider tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.